NGD: Private Stock McCarty Tiger Eye

Here it is! My third PRS, and first Private Stock. Absolutely blown away, I don't feel like I'll ever be as excited as this again in ordering a non-PS guitar. Choosing a flame maple neck was the best thing I could have done, I chose it because I like both the look and based on my favourite guitar, the Mark Holcomb sig, the sound of maple vs mahogany. It's bright, and loves the high gain Archon 100 sound.

The 58/15 pickups are great, I was skeptical about them because I'm honestly not a fan of most other PRS pickup models like the 57/08. I was about ready to custom order some Mark Holcomb pickups to drop in, but I think I'll keep these as they are.

Quilt Top - Tiger Eye
Flame Maple neck, matching stain
Cocobolo fingerboard and headstock veneer
Gold mother of pearl inlays

P1010275.jpg

P1010261.jpg

P1010282.jpg

P1010271.jpg

P1010329.jpg

P1010235_1.jpg

Here's a couple of bonus photos - mine posing with one of my Dad's private stocks, and a photo of my workmates (we ordered ours at the same time and they came in together, it's a singlecut one-piece top in dragons breath).

P1010266_1.jpg

IMG_4792.jpg
Love your new PS dude, just lovely. What's the weight?
RonnieD

Thanks very much guys, I want to do a good video with it soon so I'll report back when I've got it happening! Rehearsed with it last night, and I doubt I'll ever take it out of the house but I'm going to love using this for rehearsal and studio recording. Tonally it's exactly what I wanted, couldn't be happier.

RE: weight, not sure - don't have any scales to use, but I can say I've held it against a few other PRS guitars so far and it is definitely on the lighter side.

You can weigh your guitar by putting it in an iPad while Corey puts an iPad with this page open on his scale..

That should work, shouldn't it?

Sweet JESUS that's nice.
Can you get it with a trem...?

And OH MY GOD............. Dragon's Breath is AMAZING!!!!!!! :eek: :eek:

Not sure which semi-hollow you're referring to. The dragons breath finish was the last photo, the regular singlecut. I actually don't even know what colour the singlecut hollowbody is supposed to be.

Please read RugerPC's excellent discussion. (I had no idea myself before reading this. Great post!!)

Dragon's Breath is a PATTERN of the staining, NOT a color. The PATTERN of painting on the singlecut in your co-worker's case is a GLOW pattern, not Dragon's breath.

Both Dragon's Breath and Glow patterns can be stained in a great variety of colors.

So to summarize, your co-worker's guitar is stained in a Glow pattern, but I'm not entirely sure of the coloring. (It would be sort of like someone describing their guitar as a 'Burst' without further mentioning the actual color!)

Anyways, you have an AMAZING guitar! Enjoy the heck out of it, particularly through your Archon monster!!!

Kevin

Back