NGD: Private Stock McCarty Tiger Eye

GuitarFactoryDylan

Here it is! My third PRS, and first Private Stock. Absolutely blown away, I don't feel like I'll ever be as excited as this again in ordering a non-PS guitar. Choosing a flame maple neck was the best thing I could have done, I chose it because I like both the look and based on my favourite guitar, the Mark Holcomb sig, the sound of maple vs mahogany. It's bright, and loves the high gain Archon 100 sound.

The 58/15 pickups are great, I was skeptical about them because I'm honestly not a fan of most other PRS pickup models like the 57/08. I was about ready to custom order some Mark Holcomb pickups to drop in, but I think I'll keep these as they are.

Quilt Top - Tiger Eye
Flame Maple neck, matching stain
Cocobolo fingerboard and headstock veneer
Gold mother of pearl inlays

P1010275.jpg

P1010261.jpg

P1010282.jpg

P1010271.jpg

P1010329.jpg

P1010235_1.jpg

Here's a couple of bonus photos - mine posing with one of my Dad's private stocks, and a photo of my workmates (we ordered ours at the same time and they came in together, it's a singlecut one-piece top in dragons breath).

P1010266_1.jpg

IMG_4792.jpg

Your McCarty is STUNNING...what a build, congratulations!

Do you have the stoptail with the brass inserts? My Wood Library McCarty has the 85/15s, maple neck, brass-insert stoptail...sounds amazing as I am sure yours does as well.

BTW +1 those other PSes are gorgeous as well. Dragon's Breath Glow is one of my favorite finishes ever...

Love it. Love 'em all. And yeah, once you've gotten a PS, it's awfully hard to not want another one.

Stunner! That's a beautiful trio. Yeah, I've been having problems playing other guitars since I got mine. Ok, not problems really. I just don't have any desire to play anything else.

WOW! Those are incredible!

I'm getting the 58/15s in mine. I hope I like them too because I actually love the 57/08s in my SCHBII.

To me, Tiger's Eye is the quintessential Private Stock color. Beautiful guitar!
That Dragons Breath color is amazing.

FYI "Dragon's Breath" and "Glow" are stain patterns, not colors. The guitar in the last pic above is a "glow" where the colors are light in the center and dark at all the edges. "Dragon's Breath" is light on the edge behind the bridge and gets darker as it gets closer to the neck.

Glow:
IMG_2131_zps6dd17c16.jpg

Dragon's breath:
1600-PS3554_detail1.jpg

The stain patterns are independent from the color. "Dragon's Breath" in blue/green:
IMG_9791.jpg

Back