NGD private stock HB 594 2018 LTD

Tag

:):):):)

20181020-122826.jpg

20181020-122953.jpg

How does it sound??
Oh yes. It sounds. ;)

Oh my, that’s a stunner for sure! The figure on the hog neck is outstanding!

How does the tone compare to the older style HB2 you mentioned on your other threads? I’m wondering if the more hog to maple ratio evened out the tone for you, even if the construction (hollow-ness?) is the same as the current HB2.

I bet 58/15LTs sound perfect in that . I had a Koa HB2 with 58/15 regulars and didn’t bond with it.

Oh my, that’s a stunner for sure! The figure on the hog neck is outstanding!

How does the tone compare to the older style HB2 you mentioned on your other threads? I’m wondering if the more hog to maple ratio evened out the tone for you, even if the construction (hollow-ness?) is the same as the current HB2.

I bet 58/15LTs sound perfect in that . I had a Koa HB2 with 58/15 regulars and didn’t bond with it.

The older one was louder acoustically, but not much, and this one is less plinky on the top strings, probably the shorter scale and two piece bridge. What scared me was looking inside before I even strummed a chord. There are those big braces, AND a block thats twice as wide because you need the support under the entire tailpiece vs the old stop tail. It is so stunning to look at, I was afraid it was going to be dead sounding like the last HB2 I played. I chord. Thats all it took. 5th position A-9 to be exact. Oh yea, all that resonance and clarity on the high B note with a big firm A note on the bottom. Its amazing. That one chord, and I knew I was keeping it. Then I put it up against my other 3 brand new 594s. This is the bad news. I MAY keep the single cut, but the other 2 I doubt. This does it all, and then some.
Another thing is the workmanship. I thought maybe when they do a run, the quality would be a bit lower than a 1 off like other PSs were. Not so at all. The woods, workmanship, fit finish and set up are as good as it gets. Second to NO one.
A totally amazing guitar and job by my favorite electric guitar builder.
PAUL REED SMITH!
VERY GOOD VERY GOOD!!

There’s nothing about that I’d change. To get playability, resonance, timbre, AND looks...homerun. Congrats.

Reactions: Tag
The older one was louder acoustically, but not much, and this one is less plinky on the top strings, probably the shorter scale and two piece bridge. What scared me was looking inside before I even strummed a chord. There are those big braces, AND a block thats twice as wide because you need the support under the entire tailpiece vs the old stop tail. It is so stunning to look at, I was afraid it was going to be dead sounding like the last HB2 I played. I chord. Thats all it took. 5th position A-9 to be exact. Oh yea, all that resonance and clarity on the high B note with a big firm A note on the bottom. Its amazing. That one chord, and I knew I was keeping it. Then I put it up against my other 3 brand new 594s. This is the bad news. I MAY keep the single cut, but the other 2 I doubt. This does it all, and then some.
Another thing is the workmanship. I thought maybe when they do a run, the quality would be a bit lower than a 1 off like other PSs were. Not so at all. The woods, workmanship, fit finish and set up are as good as it gets. Second to NO one.
A totally amazing guitar and job by my favorite electric guitar builder.
PAUL REED SMITH!
VERY GOOD VERY GOOD!!
Awesome! Appreciate the detail on your take. Now we need some clips of your tasteful playing :)

Reactions: Tag
Back