NGD: Private Stock DC 594 with Brazilian Neck!

Holy Crap! That is gorgeous! Congrats again. It almost feels like instead of complimenting every new guitar we should be griping when you go more than one day between purchases! :)

Ish has been killing it lately, too.

re Rick's 513 birds comment: WE NEED BLOCK 513 BIRDS, and we need them NOW! I will also settle for block Paul's birds.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the kind comments. It really is amazing, both in tones and as a beautifully done Private Stock with how the sum of the parts came together.

My guitar instructor came over today - he is also a longtime friend, and a fellow PRS fanatic. He did a travel gig with me with my old band when my other guitarist couldn’t make it. He is pretty talented.

We played this one through a couple of Amps and Cabs. He was blown away by the awesome tones! The Neck pickup tone was super clear, while still being very “sweet”. Also on the Bridge he got a killer clean tone by rolling the volume way down, and the full on Bridge tone was awesome. It the middle position, he was getting some killer tones and changing tones on the fly my tweaking the relative volumes. The 5815 LTs go really well with this guitar, there will be no consideration of it needing anything different with regards to pickups.

Pretty impressive what tones could be demonstrated from this glorious axe in more capable hands than mine! :)

Big congrats! I love everything about that guitar. Course I’d insist on a blue color with that top pattern :)

I remember seeing that one on the PSF thread for the translucent gold top. Block inlays rule :)

Now you need a second Braz neck to try with the 59/09 bridge :D

I remember seeing that one on the PSF thread for the translucent gold top. Block inlays rule :)

Yes! Here it is, from the PSF thread on Aug 8, 2019. (I would recognize those flamey stripes on the side of the body anywhere!)

Thanks, Paul!

11-jpg.7485

Back