NGD: Private Stock DC 594 with Brazilian Neck!

MA Pete

Pattern Thin Convert!
Related to my Brazilian Rosewood Neck post from yesterday - NGD, Private Stock DC 594 in "Translucent Gold" with a Brazilian Rosewood neck and board, from the guys at Ish Guitars.

This has the same cool Block Inlays with the "Absent Birds", also in Gold MOP like the Aged one I got recently. These are my new favorite Private Stock Inlays! Very cool.

The top finish on this is really interesting. It is called "Translucent Gold", and that is a good name for it. From afar it looks like a Yellow like Vintage Yellow, but up close it actually has a Yellow/Gold metallic flake in it, in the spirit of a vintage Goldtop. It is a sight to behold up close, especially with the ridiculous beefy quilt.

Per the other thread, after I figured out how the tone is different with the Rosewood Neck and dialed in amp settings for that, it sounds glorious!

I don't think it is quite ready to dethrone the #1 and #2 spots from the 2016 Prototype and the Aged DC 594, but it easily slips into spot #3. ;)

rpLp38Q.jpg

TR1EqHU.jpg

ANARiJw.jpg

L0OWJ1I.jpg

1CgTrqR.jpg

Can you believe the figure on the Mahogany Back? Wow...

ToQBZyz.jpg

BseKX8V.jpg

n8wsFzB.jpg

qzV5vdO.jpg

Somehow I have gone from 2020 594-focused to the 594 Private Stocks, sort of accidentally. Per my other post, the 2020s are awesome, but this is my main thing now I guess! ;)

Stunning instrument Pete, i am happy for you for the fact that you went for it. Big Congrats!

Last edited:
Back