NGD: Private Stock Custom 24 Laguna Dragon's Breath, Ziricote Neck, Quilt Top

Took a bit longer as I had to steam the backplates with an iron to remove a dent.
I always love this trick (wood needs to not be completely sealed obvious for this to work).

Before:
3c67gGc.jpg

After:
dTphbN1.jpg

Also had to apply a bit of wipe on poly to them in order to match the color of the satin neck.

I made you wait a few days for pictures already, but I've been waiting for over a year for the damn guitar :p
yjulXvp.jpg

ytrjLuR.jpg

GUaM8tl.jpg

Very, very nice!

That was worth the wait. Those back covers you did really ice the cake!
Thanks!

For a long time I couldn't decide whether to get it built with matching mahogany backplates.
I did GIMP renderings and the black backplates looked fine to me with the dark neck.
Later on I got a few ziricote headplates on eBay that were large enough for making backplates.

I was in cost optimization mode when spec'ing this one, trying to cut any option I didn't feel strongly about.
For example I had purfling at first but ended up gong for the simpler look:
sy1SwMl.jpg

Last edited:
I don't have enough words to describe how AWESOME that guitar is!!!! Great job on the back plates. So beautiful from the neck, to the top, the color, tuner buttons, the fretboard inlays...... well done my friend, CONGRATS

Who said that green and blue never do?
Well, they can eat their words, congrats
On a jaw-dropper build

The color sure deserves to be called Laguna when you look at it this way:

Maybe I should create a relaxation video with PRS tops moving with the light, I'm starting to have a decent collection :p

Back