NGD - Possibly the most versatile guitar in the world?

RichardJ

Well, after my recent trials I was able to re enter the fold with a lovely SE245, but there was still the itch for something US. Saw this on another forum in the UK I am a member of and it was love (or lust) at first sight. I had to have it.
IMG_2628.jpg

A rather fabulous NF3.

I've only had it a few hours and it is quite extraordinary, rarely has a manufacturers description and reviews been so spot on. It will do 'S' type spank, 'T' type twang, and all of the bluesy/raunchy 'bucker stuff too.
I won't comment on the general fit and finish, because I don't need to, but the neck is something to behold, near perfect. Utterly in love with it. Man it's good to be back.

*all I need now is one of the new forum TRCs and it will be totally perfect*

Awesome! Congrats! These are on my someday list (which seems to keep getting longer). Enjoy it!

Yeah, I've said it til the guys here were sick of hearing me say it. The NF3 is my least fancy, least pretty PRS, (still ticked that it doesn't have birds! LOL) but that sucker is one of the greatest guitars every made! I'll even do your description one better. All that plus, mine sounds fantastic when gained up. With my 2 Channel Custom, or even going heavy with the Mark V or Mini Recto, the NF3 sounds great in the 1, 3 and 5 positions! Middle pickup leads are great with lots of gain. I could take that and the Mark V and play anything from Country to Progressive Metal. And not just do it, have GREAT tones of every kind. The 57/08 spec narrow field pickups are incredible!

And yes, the satin finish Pattern Regular may be the greatest neck ever. KILLER guitar! Big time congrats on that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back