NGD: Plain Jane

jrw32

Picked this up a few days ago as the price was hard to resist & I'm not sure I've seen this combo before...a '98 CE-22, all hog, Wide-Thin, with stoptail. Besides a few dings here & there, it's in surprisingly great shape for its age. This might be the most plain PRS I've ever had, but also could be one of the best sounding...extremely resonant, airy, and warm, with some great snap from the maple neck. Sustain for days, all in a lightweight package! Dragon IIs (I believe), with rounded edges - gotta say they sound better in this guitar than any other PRS I've had them in. Also forgot how much I love the tones you get out of the 5 way. Love the light brown body in contrast to the dark brown board and cream pickup rings/neck. All in all, very happy and this one will be seeing the stage soon!

zmej.jpg

vfxx.jpg

i31u.jpg

That ain't a sissy put-me-behind-glass-and-worship-me guitar (and I have some of those... ), that there, my friend, is a player's guitar. Rock it like you own the stage, brother!

Last edited:
Nice one! By the way Jake I popped the pickups out of the '95 to see what PRS says what neck profile it is and they say it's a wide-thin. Too bad my hand only knows the "good" and "bad" profiles because this one feels like a "good" to me. She's looking killer with new cream plastics now. Hope this wasn't too much of a thread hijack

All 'hogs and no flames, it's really good-looking Jane there. :top: Congrats on the purchase!

Nice one! By the way Jake I popped the pickups out of the '95 to see what PRS says what neck profile it is and they say it's a wide-thin. Too bad my hand only knows the "good" and "bad" profiles because this one feels like a "good" to me. She's looking killer with new cream plastics now. Hope this wasn't too much of a thread hijack

Thanks all! Pat - that's interesting as that nut was definitely not 1 11/16th...it may have been a one-off. But I'm glad you're enjoying it! Post some pics...I was going to put creme rings on there myself.

Back