NGD - Pink Korina DGT Content!

jetydosa

Ok first off I gotta tip my hat to Mr Jon Stafford at George's Music Center (aka Gig Ready Guitars). As some of you may know they did a run of 10 DGT "Korina Standards" w/braz boards and old birds. Well got to talking to him about them and he mentioned they had set aside 1 last guitar for a solid color or other special finish...some ideas popped around and he agreed to get one make in Grandma Hannon Pink for me! She arrived today and holy cow.....these Korina DGTs are really really something special. The guitar is super light, around 6.7 lbs, rings like a bell, and has about the sweetest midrange and high end Ive ever heard on ANY guitar. It has that usual DGT PAF-style tone (a big humbucker sound with a bit of texas twang mixed in) but with even more clarity and a more open high end.
This one at my request also is all nickel hardware instead of the hybrid spec'ed for the rest of the run. I could not be happier with how the guitar came out! I love pink guitars, you can see her hanging out with her Bonnie Pink sister :).

Obligitory pics! The color is a pain to capture in person...its a very 50/60s looking pink though.

IMG_1138_zps03f4c0dd.jpg

IMG_1160_zps1a964dca.jpg

IMG_1157_zps372acd6f.jpg

IMG_1149_zps51d868d7.jpg

Last edited:
Well played and way to score a deal. Something special here. I dig this a lot man. Congrats!

Back