NGD pic post ...S2 Singlecut arrived

DogPhishHead

A very nice 2014 model, Violin Amber Burst, 7.8 pounds, resonant and balanced, she’s a keeper. I did a good cleanup, polish on the frets, oiled the rosewood, burnished the chrome pup covers ( I really don’t like chrome shiny on my guitars...on my truck, hell yes!) and added black tuner buttons. Nice rich tones, great sustain, it feels like a solid instrument. Here she is with her three other siblings.
f3GzsCc.jpg

4DcQDlf.jpg
8LuVdVW.jpg
ucfacaz.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome. How do you think it compares to the others, particularly the McCarty?

Edit: Never mind. I just read your other thread that answers my question.

A very nice 2014 model, Violin Amber Burst, 7.8 pounds, resonant and balanced, she’s a keeper. I did a good cleanup, polish on the frets, oiled the rosewood, burnished the chrome pup covers ( I really don’t like chrome shiny on my guitars...on my truck, hell yes!) and added black tuner buttons. Nice rich tones, great sustain, it feels like a solid instrument. Here she is with her three other siblings.
f3GzsCc.jpg

4DcQDlf.jpg
8LuVdVW.jpg
ucfacaz.jpg
Awesome. How do you think it compares to the others, particularly the McCarty?

Edit: Never mind. I just read your other thread that answers my question.
i tried all four today, running through the pups, clean, then with a klone pedal:

Paul’s Guitar, loudest, punchy, big top and tight bottom she’s the dirty gal from high school.
SE Hollowbody Standard, woody, tame, lotsa of warm mids
S2 Singlecut, rich, forward mids, looser bass, bridge pup is full on Kerrang.
McCarty, most open, dynamic, note definition is the main thing with the 57/08s, just a refined PAF tone.

It surprised me as each held its own sonic flavor. For split/tapped tones the SE Paul’s rules the roost.

Back