NGD - Pernambuco

Hey Les!
Hope all is well! I think I would feel the same way if they still offered semi hollow options on AP guitars. For example, I would have grabbed an Artist 5 instead of one of my PS with an ebony board if I could have gotten a WF neck, the thicker body and had it semi hollow. The only other difference which I am absolutely sold on is that nitro sounds better than V12 or poly. So in my case, its more or less I cant get the guitar I want unless its PS.
:bawling:

The only thing I think I'd go PS for down the road would be something I really needed that, like yours, isn't in the production lineup.

I do love my PS, though, so I'm not saying they aren't all that. They are.

I just have lower standards. ;)

Last edited:
The only thing I think I'd go PS for down the road would be something I really needed that, like yours, isn't in the production lineup.

I do love my PS, though, so I'm not saying they aren't all that. They are.

I just have lower standards. ;)

Lol! For some reason, I doubt that. ;)

The Artist pack options they offer now are REALLY nice. I think they give most people options that they would want or feel they need. Just a few more, and they would have lost thousands of dollars in PS sales from me alone!! (Hmmmm, is there a hidden meaning there?) I had meant to, and had my chance to ask PRS himself about the old semi hollow options, and how great I feel they were, but got all nervous and forgot when I had the chance. Odd, because I deal with so many different people all the time, and never get like that. I really do love the guy and what he has done (IMO) for all US made guitars, and I guess those feelings came to the surface in person.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, this might be my last purchase for a while due to recently replacing the furnace in my house :(

Is it bad that I'm thinking about a 3rd one already? Gah.

Gear party indeed! It is dirty natural, but you just might have to inspect it in person. :biggrin:
I'm into inspecting dirty naturals. :rofl:

Gian brought this guitar over to my practice space yesterday and it is something special for sure. The sustain is insane. While I only played it briefly, Gian rocked it with my drummer for a bit and it sounds awesome.

Gian brought this guitar over to my practice space yesterday and it is something special for sure. The sustain is insane. While I only played it briefly, Gian rocked it with my drummer for a bit and it sounds awesome.

That was a fun time last night. The Archon rocks! I'm going to have to stop again some time. Hopefully when the place isn't an ice skating rink :tongue:

It is a very nice top, but, isn't the story here the Perny neck??

Tell me, G Man, what is it about the Perny neck that makes the guitar different and special (since I've never had the chance to try one) ??

Back