NGD - Pernambuco

Wow, what colour is it? On my laptop it looks almost white tiger? Fantastic looking guitar whatever it is.

This is what happens when you go PS people. Within a month or two of your first you've already found a way to buy your second.

Congrats again G-Money.

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeousness!

I like the amber knobs better. The guitar has a slightly warm color cast that the amber knobs bring out better.

Damn, Gian! I remember you showing me some pics of this, but that looks awesome! I usually don't like the all clear knobs much, but looks cool with that guitar. Can't wait to try that one out too. Gear party in Madison as soon as the Archon arrives! What is that color called?

This is what happens when you go PS people. Within a month or two of your first you've already found a way to buy your second.

Oh noes....

Well, that is an amazing guitar! Congrats on two picture perfect specimens in the collection!

And I'll vote for the clear knobs as well. You could go either way with a top that gorgeous though!

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I played this guitar at rehearsal tonight after installing a Tremol-No and that solidified that this guitar sounds just as good as it looks. It sounds huge, punchy, and clear.

For those curious about specs, here's a picture of the PS Certificate:

The wife likes the clear knobs, hence why they are on there. I was just curious to see what every one else's preferences were.

Niiiiiiiiice!!!! You on a roll?????

Unfortunately, this might be my last purchase for a while due to recently replacing the furnace in my house :(

Congrats again G-Money.

Is it bad that I'm thinking about a 3rd one already? Gah.

Damn, Gian! I remember you showing me some pics of this, but that looks awesome! I usually don't like the all clear knobs much, but looks cool with that guitar. Can't wait to try that one out too. Gear party in Madison as soon as the Archon arrives! What is that color called?

Gear party indeed! It is dirty natural, but you just might have to inspect it in person. :biggrin:

Congrats again G-Money.

Not me. My one PS is fantastic, great, wonderful, love it. Happy with it, would do it again to suit a need I had in a heartbeat.

But -

I don't feel a big pull to get another PS at this point. I honestly dig the production guitars just as much. This isn't to say that PS aren't often more wonderful, merely that I love the production ones so much that I don't feel an "if only..." And when I pick up a regular PRS, I don't feel like I've stepped down in quality at all.

That's a good thing, it shows how absolutely great PRS' regular guitars are. I'm pretty certain I'd never trade my Artist V for any guitar, even a PS. It's that good (for me, YMMV, all that disclaimer stuff).

I do appreciate the artistic beauty and finishing touches on the PS models, of course.

Last edited:
Not me. My one PS is fantastic, great, wonderful, love it. Happy with it, would do it again to suit a need I had in a heartbeat.

But -

I don't feel a big pull to get another PS at this point. I honestly dig the production guitars just as much. This isn't to say that PS aren't often more wonderful, merely that I love the production ones so much that I don't feel an "if only..." And when I pick up a regular PRS, I don't feel like I've stepped down in quality at all.

That's a good thing, it shows how absolutely great PRS' regular guitars are. I'm pretty certain I'd never trade my Artist V for any guitar, even a PS. It's that good (for me, YMMV, all that disclaimer stuff).

I do appreciate the artistic beauty and finishing touches on the PS models, of course.

Hey Les!
Hope all is well! I think I would feel the same way if they still offered semi hollow options on AP guitars. For example, I would have grabbed an Artist 5 instead of one of my PS with an ebony board if I could have gotten a WF neck, the thicker body and had it semi hollow. The only other difference which I am absolutely sold on is that nitro sounds better than V12 or poly. So in my case, its more or less I cant get the guitar I want unless its PS.
:bawling:

Back