NGD: Paul's Guitar Orange Tiger

Well it's next in line to be sold.
Work of art there. I can’t imaging selling something like that! It looks like your first pic was blessed by the spirit of EVH...
Cjsyl0S.jpg

Work of art there. I can’t imaging selling something like that! It looks like your first pic was blessed by the spirit of EVH...
Cjsyl0S.jpg

You're right, I didn't think about it.

I'm with you, it's a great PG. It's just that with the Paul's 85 neck fitting my hand like a glove, and there can only be one lol.

Well it's next in line to be sold. Probably will decide this week depending on how I feel about the Paul's 85 once I get it back repaired.

That said, do you really want a 3rd Paul's Guitar on top of having 2 MEVs ???
you're right....:( its so damn nice looking though !!!!

Well it's next in line to be sold. Probably will decide this week depending on how I feel about the Paul's 85 once I get it back repaired.

That said, do you really want a 3rd Paul's Guitar on top of having 2 MEVs ???

I'm sure you'll have lots of people interested, myself included. Now whether or not I can afford it is another discussion entirely. I'd be interested to know how much you're looking for when you decide to unload it. Speaking of, is there a classifieds on this forum that I've overlooked so far, or is that a PRS forum no-no. Not offended or upset either way, just genuinely curious as I haven't spent much time looking around the forum, despite being a member (albeit not a great contributor) for quite some time now.

I'm sure you'll have lots of people interested, myself included. Now whether or not I can afford it is another discussion entirely. I'd be interested to know how much you're looking for when you decide to unload it. Speaking of, is there a classifieds on this forum that I've overlooked so far, or is that a PRS forum no-no. Not offended or upset either way, just genuinely curious as I haven't spent much time looking around the forum, despite being a member (albeit not a great contributor) for quite some time now.
It’s a forum no-no. This is a PRS decision, and we honor it accordingly, even though it would be nice.

Forum member to member deals are ok, and they happen, but under the radar and off the “front pages.”

Exactly.
While I'm more than happy to say it might be up for grabs in the near future (that isn't guaranteed), that's as far as I will go.
Pricing discussions about new guitars, or private sales is a big no-non here as Rick said.
If you're really that curious there are plenty of ways to reach out.

That said at the moment it's not going anywhere until I get my Paul's 85 back and finally get to spend more quality time with it to assess the pros (insane tone / playability) and cons (price, lacquer that might check just looking at it, and having a Core PG that gets pretty damn close playability and tone wise).

Exactly.
While I'm more than happy to say it might be up for grabs in the near future (that isn't guaranteed), that's as far as I will go.
Pricing discussions about new guitars, or private sales is a big no-non here as Rick said.
If you're really that curious there are plenty of ways to reach out.

That said at the moment it's not going anywhere until I get my Paul's 85 back and finally get to spend more quality time with it to assess the pros (insane tone / playability) and cons (price, lacquer that might check just looking at it, and having a Core PG that gets pretty damn close playability and tone wise).

For sure. I figured as much. I still feel like I'm learning so much about the current market price of PRSi. This is such a great source of information from so many players. I'm still relatively new to all things PRS. I've played a few, only own the Zach Meyers SE currently.

I did have a 25th anniversary Custom 24 several years back. I sold it because I'm not much of a trem guy, and I felt like it was TOO nice. I was kind of scared to play it. It intimidated me. I don't actually remember that particular sale, as I was flipping a bunch of guitars back then. Typing out that I sold it, just now, when this was probably at least 8 or 9 years ago, makes me feel like such an idiot for letting it go. I honestly hadn't had much seller's remorse for any of the guitars I've sold, but that one cuts deep right now.

I do think that my next PRS, whether it's an SE, S2, CE, or Core, will be stop tail for sure (with that said, I freaking love that they have an SE Cu24 in Bonnie Pink, if the SE PG was available in pink, I would have already had the order placed). After that things get tricky, as they are all such great looking guitars. I would imagine it will be one that I walk into a store and play, that I just don't want to put down. That's the dream anyway. The PGs are the guitar that currently feels like I need it, but I have yet to actually get to spend any time with one.

Crazy great guitar!!! That’s a do it yourself Private Stock you got there. With Sergio occupied elsewhere, and his design on a dimebag threads a distant fond memory...you should start a new tradition.
Doc Pimps my Core!

Thanks!

I like the idea lol. I should definitely document that in one place.

I even do that to my PS. In fact I'm very likely to do an Electric Tiger matching truss rod cover and backplate for my Paul's 85, I don't know if I'll go as far as putting locking tuners on it so I can add stained tuners buttons but the idea definitely crossed my mind.

This orange tiger PG turned out great, and it's a really fantastic playing and sounding guitar.
The other one that got the full treatment was my Bonnie Pink CU24:
https://forums.prsguitars.com/threa...custom-24s-eriza-verde-custom-22.44651/page-4

Thanks!

I like the idea lol. I should definitely document that in one place.

I even do that to my PS. In fact I'm very likely to do an Electric Tiger matching truss rod cover and backplate for my Paul's 85, I don't know if I'll go as far as putting locking tuners on it so I can add stained tuners buttons but the idea definitely crossed my mind.

This orange tiger PG turned out great, and it's a really fantastic playing and sounding guitar.
The other one that got the full treatment was my Bonnie Pink CU24:
https://forums.prsguitars.com/threa...custom-24s-eriza-verde-custom-22.44651/page-4

Hmmmmmm. How much to consider making that 2 matching TRCs and backplates for a Paul’s 85? Asking for a friend....:rolleyes:

Hmmmmmm. How much to consider making that 2 matching TRCs and backplates for a Paul’s 85? Asking for a friend....:rolleyes:

Well we can certainly chat about it via PM lol.

I'm getting my Paul's 85 back today, though for that one I will have to wait until very late tonight or tomorrow before opening the case.

I'll need to figure out how to get something that looks like Electric Tiger first.
I had good luck matching my Aqua Violet PS so I don't feel too intimidated by the challenge, plus PRS gave enough clues about it :p .
I do however expect it to take quite a bit of time to get a good enough color match that my OCD can tolerate.

I also feel like I'll need to find vintage style lacquer that checks to be truly authentic :p

It's hard to stay objective in this particular instance, but I should rather say there must have been a pretty big misunderstanding as to what needed to be done (should have been pretty obvious). I was (still am) quite puzzled when I got the guitar back, but it's on its way back to the shop for a refund.

On the plus side this Orange Tiger Paul's Guitar is 90% as good tone-wise for 1/4th the price.

Back