NGD: Paul Reed Smith CE24 Satin Cherry Burst

ej.

Hey all, new here. Picked up a nice used 2018 Paul Reed Smith CE24 in satin cherry burst tonight. Always played different PRS' at stores but never pulled the trigger on one. It's definitely a cross between a Gibson and a Fender tone wise, but it's got it's own feel playability wise. Nice guitar.
Question about the stability of these necks....I can easily modulate notes up or down with a very light touch of pressure on the neck/body forward or backward...is that normal for this guitar? My Les Paul's and Fenders both take more effort to modulate notes by "bending" the neck.
Let's see if pictures work...

20190920_230332-2850x2138-jpg.408011

20190920_230411-3024x2066-jpg.408012

20190920_211019-2268x3024-jpg.408013

Congrats.

Bending the neck? I used to do this with my acoustic guitar 40 years ago. I wouldn't do it now on any guitar. That said, its your instrument to do with as you will.

My CE feels stable enough without exerting undue pressure.

Thanks all!
Are the neck screws secure?
Yep they are secure.
Bending the neck? I used to do this with my acoustic guitar 40 years ago. I wouldn't do it now on any guitar. That said, its your instrument to do with as you will.

My CE feels stable enough without exerting undue pressure.
I'm not intentionally bending it. If I rest my forearm on the body just enough (and that's very little pressure), it'll create enough pressure to be as if I were bending the neck.

Remember, the neck is 2 frets longer than your other guitars. It should be slightly easier to move. I figure the trem will do it even better. AND...........that’s a truly beautiful guitar.

Yeah I was kind of wondering if it was because it's a 24 fret and the board seems to intercept the body on pretty much the last fret. I've played DC Les Pauls that had 24 frets but they behaved just like a normal 22 fret LP. Something I gotta get used to I guess.

Yeah I was kind of wondering if it was because it's a 24 fret and the board seems to intercept the body on pretty much the last fret. I've played DC Les Pauls that had 24 frets but they behaved just like a normal 22 fret LP. Something I gotta get used to I guess.

Don’t forget the neck joint on a PRS and a Gibson are significantly different from one another.

Don’t forget the neck joint on a PRS and a Gibson are significantly different from one another.

True. I guess I'll have to get used to the extra flex of this neck.

On another note, I'm thinking of glossing this finish up with some virtuoso polish. Just the top though because I like the satin feel of the neck

Hey all, new here. Picked up a nice used 2018 Paul Reed Smith CE24 in satin cherry burst tonight. Always played different PRS' at stores but never pulled the trigger on one. It's definitely a cross between a Gibson and a Fender tone wise, but it's got it's own feel playability wise. Nice guitar.
Question about the stability of these necks....I can easily modulate notes up or down with a very light touch of pressure on the neck/body forward or backward...is that normal for this guitar? My Les Paul's and Fenders both take more effort to modulate notes by "bending" the neck.
Let's see if pictures work...

20190920_230332-2850x2138-jpg.408011

20190920_230411-3024x2066-jpg.408012

20190920_211019-2268x3024-jpg.408013
That sure is a beauty! Congrats!

That finish is hard to beat! One of the best looking guitars you'll find. Normally I like glossy finishes on guitar body, but on that instrument the satin is incredible.

Reactions: ej.
Thanks!
Not sure if it's a keeper yet or not though.

Back