NGD - Paul’s Guitar Copper

Drlepp

So this arrived today, ‘19 Paul’s Guitar in Copper. I wasn’t actively shopping for a new guitar, and certainly not for a brown guitar, but then I thought “Why not, life is short”?:) When I recently got my first PRS I was considering Cu24, 594 or a PG. Then I broke the bank and got all three in that order. These things should really come with a warning sticker for being addictive.

I kind of like it that the top has a lot of character. It’s built, as you’d expect, flawlessly and has a unique tone. Since I’ve only had it out of the box a few hours I cannot say that much more than that I like and hope to keep it a long time.

Now I’ve officially run out of space for guitars! Unless it’s a DGT, or a Santana, or maybe a hollow body, those don’t take up a lot of space, am I right?:p
doAdjos.jpg

CuKeIhs.jpg

RERdwY9.jpg

Sweet!! Once I have disposable cash again one of those is at the top of my list.

Hot as f***!!

Get the Santana next. I’m mean, if you’re worried about space, it is a short scale :D Although, it does have a big butt.

Thanks, well to be fair, finding room for guitars isn’t that hard, big butts or not. It’s the cases that worry me. Should maybe look into the S2/SE-lines and get gigbags instead.:)

Awesome “dirty” top! I have a PRS Violin guitar with a top like that!

Thanks, funny you mention “dirty”. I see that older PG:s often came with “Dirty Artist grade” tops. Is this classification still used? They also often came with lightweight mahogany bodies. Maybe this distinction isn’t made anymore.

Great guitar though!

Now, what kind of strap should I put one it?

One of my favorite colors, if not most favoritest! :D You've done well, sir - congrats!

Thanks, the color is growing on me, it’s not the kind of color I imagine me sporting. Looks very classy though, like an old piece of furniture. But what I’ve learned is that, no matter which color you pick, as long as you like the guitar, you learn to love the looks.

My Cu24 is Charcoal Cherry burst, which used to be one of my least favorite colors (but I got a good opportunity to get one), but now I thinks it’s a winner in the long run.

Smokin’ Hot Paul’s. Really liking the copper color and all variations. Enjoy it!!!

I'm really digging the monochromatic look of this guitar. It's like a nice tailored suit with matching jacket, pants, vest, etc.

In a way, the color almost steps aside to let the real star of the show--the amazing wood grains--to take center stage. Nice!!!

In a way, the color almost steps aside to let the real star of the show--the amazing wood grains--to take center stage. Nice!!!

Ha ha, that’s almost poetic!:)
But I fully agree, the wood grains has a lot going for them. It makes me want some whiskey and a nice arm chair (I’m thinking a fire place as well but I’d be afraid to damage the guitar) and study it for hours.

Back