NGD, Part Two

radiomatts

So, last week I ordered a new SC 245, but the finish was significantly darker than I wanted or what Guitar Center's stock pictures indicated... so.. I returned it.

I bought a used SE Bernie Marsden yesterday from a Guitar Center on the Illinois side of St. Louis. I'm in suburban Chicago. It arrived an hour ago. I'm blown away.

photo.jpg

A buddy of mine is going to do the Peter Green mod on it tonight. I can't wait. Any mod suggestions from other Bernie Marsden owners in this great online family?

Reverse the neck pickup but the Bernie already is wired for out of phase in the middle position

Congratulations, but confused?!?!?!?! The neck was too chunky on the se245, but this one is just right? Something is fishy here. Please explain. Thanks!

I didn't know that Bluesboy. Thank you for letting me know. So my tech and I will just drink a beer and watch the Blackhawks on TV instead.

LOL.. kes7u, nothing fishy. The SE 245 neck felt like an old Les Paul Jr. Big, round and clunky. Not my thing. The neck on the Marsden feels in between the 245 and a Tremonti.

Nice, but I don't think the guitar comes wired for out of phase, see this thread:

http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?865-SE-Bernie-Marsden

Ask your mate to check if the nut slots are binding, as sometimes they do, putting on a drop in wide fat USA nut is very cheap to do.
They sound good with coil split on push pull tone, wired as per DGT wiring diagram. I'm a messy infant with soldering iron, but mine came that way with 53/10s from prs uk

Thank you for the update.. and thank you guys for the HNGD wishes. This is my 4th PRS, and I can't put it down. I restrung it with 9's, and didn't notice any bind in the nut. To be safe, I'm ordering the US nut and putting it on the Bernie and on my SE Santana too. These guitars make me wonder why I bothered with other brands.

I love this guitar, even bringing it to work with me. Just ordered the nut from PRS and Amber lampshades too. Mike in Customer Service is tossing in the 3rd lampshade too. Man, I love this guitar.

Here's a shot of my Bernie s/d antiquity neck s/d jb in bridge this is one of the first run

Back