NGD: P245 Semi-Hollow

Man that is a gorgeous guitar. Love my P245 as well. Although I switched out my PU's for an HFS and Vibtage Bass. Just wanted a little more output.

Man that is a gorgeous guitar. Love my P245 as well. Although I switched out my PU's for an HFS and Vibtage Bass. Just wanted a little more output.

Yeah, I've been thinking of a pickup swap as well actually. To me it's actually mostly the neck pickup. I've been a long time fan of Bare Knuckle Pickups and my favourite neck pickup of theirs is the Mule so thinking if I should make the switch, and possibly also something like the Abraxas or Rebel Yell for the bridge. Not sure and I prefer brighter neck pickups than the current 58/15.

At least it would be a lot easier to change than the nightmare of working with hollow bodies with no back plate :)

Not sure and I prefer brighter neck pickups than the current 58/15.

At least it would be a lot easier to change than the nightmare of working with hollow bodies with no back plate :)

I agree about wanting it brighter. Especially the neck pickup. I've like these but haven't tried any of the BN pickups. I've heard nothing but good things.

The guy I had change out the pickups said he had never see wire long quite like the wiring in the P245. Due to the piezo and all the splitting. But he figured it out pretty quick. Good luck man. I'm sure it will sound great either way you go.

I agree about wanting it brighter. Especially the neck pickup. I've like these but haven't tried any of the BN pickups. I've heard nothing but good things.

The guy I had change out the pickups said he had never see wire long quite like the wiring in the P245. Due to the piezo and all the splitting. But he figured it out pretty quick. Good luck man. I'm sure it will sound great either way you go.

I'll give it a go and report back for sure :). I've been reading the schematics and it took a little while to get my head around the piezo wiring and all, nothing too scary though.

Back