NGD: P245 Semi-Hollow

yankeebulldog

I don't like to get that specific
Just got this in today, P245 Semi 10 top in Azul:

Tone report to follow.

Very cool! What's that color like in person(is the pic pretty close)? It looks similar to whale blue, just not quite as dark?

Last edited:
Very cool! What's that color like in person(is the pic pretty close)? It looks similar to whale blue, just not quite as dark?
I'd say similar to Blue Matteo. Maybe a touch less green in the color and darker. The pic is fairly accurate to what it looks like under flood lights in my basement.

Last edited:

That's what I'd say, similar to Whale blue, or even the whale blue that was on an SE I had once that was sun faded quite a bit. Maybe a touch more green in the color and not as dark. The pic is fairly accurate to what it looks like under flood lights in my basement.

Uhh.... According to the Facebook message I got today I was under the impression it was called "Suck It Blue"? ;)

I like colours that start arguments (adds 'Azul' to list of guitars I need to see in person)​.

Logged some time with it this afternoon through my Friedman Small Box and my PA. I really like the Piezo tones on this through the PA. It's a much more convincing acoustic tone than either of the HB I's I had in the past although those were both pre 2012 models so they didn't have the latest Piezo system. Plugged in to the Friedman, I really like the 58/15s. The bridge seems a little brighter than the 59/09s in my DC245s but that seems to balance out well with the semi-hollow tone. I did a quick comparison of this to my Heritage Prospect (floating center block) and the P245 definitely seems to have a little tighter bottom end and more thump, kind of a cross between the Heritage and a solid body. It also seems to hold up pretty well with high gain tones on the BE channel of the Friedman, no feedback issues which is what I was going for.

Nice, I'd love one of these (if the AUD didn't suck so much, I'd consider it).

Can you confirm if this is semi or full hollow (with a centre block) please? :)

Back