NGD - P22 IRW Charcoal Black

Richard Lainegard

Arrived about a month earlier than expected! Simply the single most resonant and alive guitar I've ever played!
My McCarty 58 is fantastic, but this one is just crazy good!
full-front.jpg

baksida-hals-heel.jpg

No time for any further words on this atm, I need to throw on some 11's and PLAY!!! woot!

Hey Richard!
Very cool guitar!Too bad you live in "ödebygden" ;).I would love to testdrive that guitar.Of course you could have some fika :).

Thanks guys! I actually opted not to have a 10-top, because many of the Charcoal bursts I've seen with that particular color
can seem a little "flat" and almost "photo-flame"-ish. I'm very happy with how this more irregular top "pops".
I didn't go for the artist pack either, since that would have meant I had to have Ebony fretboard and headstock veener,
and I really wanted to RW-look =) Love the little "streaks" the neck has on the back, another irregularity which imo adds character to the guitar

Btw, Ive no A/B'd it with my McCarty '58, and I have to say that the acoustic differences really transfers well amplified as well.
The McCarty has significantly more mids and is way more "LP" sounding, whilst the P22 is much broader, more open sounding,
and has more low and high-end. THis is just what I wanted, since it balances the piezo well, I'm very happy with these two now!

That is a very nice looking guitar. I have the same color/neck combination on my MEQ . I was curious to see what the thoughts were on just the guitars tone compared to others. Congrats

I was going to go with the charcoal color, but I'm not a fan of black backs on guitars so I went antique white top with natural back on my custom ordered IRW P22
P1010790.jpg

P1010793.jpg

I think we both made out well on our orders;)
tfancil

tfancil/That i have to say is one of the coolest PRS guitar ive ever seen.Love the Antique white.

tfancil/That i have to say is one of the coolest PRS guitar ive ever seen.Love the Antique white.

Thanks! I've always loved white guitars, but with so many great colors and tops from PRS it took me a while to settle on antique white, but I"m glad I did:)
tfancil

Both are real beauties guys! Congrats! A P22 is definitely on my list after getting to try one out last night. And the IRW neck option will put it over the top I'm sure!

Beautiful P22 Richard. I can only imagine how good it sounds in person. Any chance you could let me know if the P22 body is the same thickness as your McCarty or a thinner like a Custom 22/24?

I was going to go with the charcoal color, but I'm not a fan of black backs on guitars so I went antique white top with natural back on my custom ordered IRW P22
P1010790.jpg

P1010793.jpg

I think we both made out well on our orders;)
tfancil

BEAUTIFUL contrast mate! If the Artist Pack option had offered Charcoal Black combined with a natural back, that might have pushed me over the edge to that =)
For a future PS, I will go for a natural back, RW neck, and either Faded Charcoal or faded blue burst =)

Back