NGD - P20E Parlor in Powder Blue

shinksma

What? I get a title?
As noted in a different thread, a bandmate has a couple of parlor-sized guitars, and I played one last week while we were experimenting with reducing our "stage footprint" for certain small gig spaces.

I liked it so much, I decided to finally take the plunge myself:

oykSO9W.jpg

My wife picked out the color - I honestly would have thought she'd go for the black, but I was OK with absolutely any of them. As you can see, it matches the pool rather nicely!

A jacquard-style strap with touches of that same blue (I hope) and some browns is now on order, hopefully it matches well.

7DASpRe.jpg

The guitar was sold by one of the usual on-line vendors that somehow gets NOS and sells as "used" pricing, but it is brand new.

I quite like the gig bag - has a good extra bit of foam for the bottom, and handy pockets.

oGyiQvl.jpg

The guitar itself is not as small as some parlor guitars - it is about 2 inches shorter than a typical PRS SE acoustic, or about 2 inches longer than a PRS electric. Maybe that is what preserves the relatively-full tone.

The neck was exactly perfect for me, like all PRS necks. Super comfortable. Ebony board is very nice and smooth. Fret ends nicely done - smooth, nothing sticking out.

Acoustic sound is very good, a bit brighter than a typical PRS Tonare due to the smaller size, but should sound good in a band setting with a slightly amplified uke bass like we have and intend to use for those small-footprint "stages".

Using the piezo pickup, it sounds very good, will work very well in a moderately amplified environment. I would probably use a sound hole plug if I was in a really loud scenario, but we rarely play "really loud".

I am not sure why it took me so long to procure one of these, now that I have it!

Need to try one of these some day. Always have had Martins. Never been a fan of the Taylors I have played. Tough to put my hands on one of these though, living in an area that does not have a PRS dealer nor any used shops that carry anything like this! Congrats, looks lovely and it will sound great poolside I am sure!!

Yeah. I’m too lazy to maintain a pool.
Here in FL the trickiest things about most pools is staying on top of the algae in the Spring when the water heats up, and / or right after a big rain. A good dose of shock or other form of chlorine and a weekly filter hose out is usually all I need to do.

Back