Buck

It feels awesome to be metal in a plastic society
Well, this happened yesterday...new to me Tremonti Baritone Hybrid. Will be setting up tomorrow with a new nut and 10-52's to bring up to D# tuning...obviously not using as a baritone and never intended to with the scale...but a good portion of my guitars are 25.5" inch scale, so will be right at home. Just fit so many check marks for me, and smokin' hot deal to boot. The 58/15 bass pup really is sweet sounding, much better than the stock Tremonti neck pup. First gig Saturday with it...one guitar for 3 different tunings...imagine that!!! God bless adustable stoptails :)

This is my second Tremonti core...suits my music perfectly with all this one has...except those 14-68's gotta go. Sorry for the poor pics...in a rush and lighting not so good. Will post some more after the mods...everybody keep rocking...I KNOW I will!

20180301_120726.jpg

20180301_120941.jpg

20180301_120836.jpg

20180301_120705.jpg

Body_Angle.jpg

Last edited:
Nice.
I’ve been intrigued by that guitar.
I was also intrigued...been eyeing them for about a year, but the right price with the right top/finish doesn't come along very often...every now and again the stars do align.

IMHO...this guitar wasn't marketed correctly. Should have simply been marketed as a Tremonti Limited Edition...period. Specs: Artist grade top with 58/15 neck pup, flamed maple neck, adjustable stoptail and slightly longer scale length for enhanced lower tunings. Don't want to start the debate all over again about baritone vs. standard because it doesn't really matter. This is a phenomenal guitar if it fits your needs, as is any guitar that suits your fancy.

Whatever the case, kudos to all the guys at PRS for offering an incredible variety of guitars that just plain sound great.

Heyyyyy! Ok I’ll let you have this one!

+1 and a bit!;)
Thx for letting me keep her :) Pretty sure I'll hold onto this one for quite some time!!! Almost done with the new nut...just waiting for the adhesive to dry, and away we go with the new strings and what I'm sure will be a TON of bridge and truss rod adjusting with the major gauge and tuning change...but should be easier than with a trem at least!!!

Thx for letting me keep her :) Pretty sure I'll hold onto this one for quite some time!!! Almost done with the new nut...just waiting for the adhesive to dry, and away we go with the new strings and what I'm sure will be a TON of bridge and truss rod adjusting with the major gauge and tuning change...but should be easier than with a trem at least!!!
I was teasing Glide for using “saweeet”.

Man, you must have paws of steel using 14-68! I know they maybe not up to the same tension, but still!

Sweet axe, enjoy :D

I was teasing Glide for using “saweeet”.

Man, you must have paws of steel using 14-68! I know they maybe not up to the same tension, but still!

Sweet axe, enjoy :D
The 14-68's are a bit of a handful (fingerful?!?!)...too much power cable for me. I have a few strung with 11-56's, but that's where I draw the line normally.

Y'all have a "saweeet" night then...TGIF :rolleyes:

Update: Played a couple gigs with the new Tremonti limited after I did the setup. All I gotta say is....WOW! Much prefer the 25.5" scale and 58/15 neck pup to the standard Tremonti core. Ended up lowering the bridge pickup a touch after the new nut and strings...made a huge difference. Lowered the action so much the strings were darn near touching the pickup!

Only problem is my others aren't getting as much play time as they should...oh well, the honeymoon phase will pass eventually (maybe) :)

Back