NGD on TODAY!

Wakester

Re Member
This year marks 27 years with my wife, friend and all those other things we are. This year the Mrs. decided she was going to pick out her Anniversary gift, and found a very nice Diamond Ring to compliment her wedding set. I thought about it a bit and figured there was only one thing that I really wanted this year.

After a half hour lecture from the Mrs. and signing a post it note, claiming I'll never buy another guitar again, I pulled the trigger on a 2020 SE Hollowbody II in Tri-Color Burst from Ish Guitars in Syracuse. I called this morning and spoke with the owner about the purchase. It's always cool that shops remember who you are, even though you haven't talked to them in 2 years. We negotiated a reasonable deal, and the deal was done. I drive up to Syracuse (3 hrs each way) Wednesday to pick it up. After I leave Syracuse I will be back in Buffalo just in time to pick up her rings from the jewelers. That's a win-win in my book.

So without further ado, here are some shop photos:

glHn031.jpg

EhpvN1K.jpg

After a half hour lecture from the Mrs. and signing a post it note, claiming I'll never buy another guitar again...

Lectures! Contracts of adhesion! Prepare for battle!

"They're married, Les."

"Isn't that a form of war?"

"Only for some people. Ahem :rolleyes:."

"I guess I should wish him happy anniversary, then, huh?"

"Yes."

"Couldn't I just say, 'Happy temporary truce to allow the medics to clear the battlefield'?"

"No."

"Then Happy Anniversary it is!" :p

This year marks 27 years with my wife, friend and all those other things we are. This year the Mrs. decided she was going to pick out her Anniversary gift, and found a very nice Diamond Ring to compliment her wedding set. I thought about it a bit and figured there was only one thing that I really wanted this year.

After a half hour lecture from the Mrs. and signing a post it note, claiming I'll never buy another guitar again, I pulled the trigger on a 2020 SE Hollowbody II in Tri-Color Burst from Ish Guitars in Syracuse. I called this morning and spoke with the owner about the purchase. It's always cool that shops remember who you are, even though you haven't talked to them in 2 years. We negotiated a reasonable deal, and the deal was done. I drive up to Syracuse (3 hrs each way) Wednesday to pick it up. After I leave Syracuse I will be back in Buffalo just in time to pick up her rings from the jewelers. That's a win-win in my book.

So without further ado, here are some shop photos:

glHn031.jpg

EhpvN1K.jpg
Sweet as sweet, and Happy Anniversary

Whats the old joke? I've been married 27 years, two of them happily. [Insert rimshot here] :rolleyes:. Our actual anniversary is not until May 21, but we had an over abundance of money that was just a little too stimulating to sit on. Most of it went into retirement savings. Some of it will pay for a bathroom renovation.

Let me know if you are in need of post-it disposal services! Discreet and complete with attention to detail all included with said service! Congrats on a killer find. My first purchase was just this Feb, and it was from Ish Guitars. It was a pleasure working with them!!

It is official, I too have a #NGD! Drove 3 hrs in the pouring rain in my convertible (top up) to pick up my new 2020 SE Hollowbody II from Ish Guitars in Syracuse NY. The owner met me at the door an welcomed me in to their new Showroom (Very Impressive Place). He had he guitar on display on a turn table in the seating area, which was a very nice touch. He even plugged me into an am and let me do a test drive. OMG this guitar sounds so awesome!. I am very happy. Just a coincidence I guess, but the Inspection tag says the Guitar was finished 3 days after my wedding anniversary last year. I am a louse picture taker, but here is proof of life:

RYm6cK8.jpg

gPKZOh8.jpg

I57ON1M.jpg

J9NFcB1.jpg

Back