NGD Oh my goodness PS content

dleuen

I could no longer resist the urge and went for my first Private Stock. This is one of the McCarty Singlecut beauties. This guitar sounds incredible! The feel/comfort/playability is amazing and it is really impossible to get photos really show off its looks. I'm also pleasantly surprised that it sounds different enough from my Gibson R8 to make me really happy about having this in addition. I was somewhat concerned it might be too much the same. I definitely notice more clarity in the PRS pickups and a very wide range of tones available with the different pickups and knob adjustments. It also has maybe a slightly woodier, more resonant tone than the R8. Hate to compare the two guitars since it's all subjective but there may be others wondering too. Anyway I'm a happy camper. Definitely some magic right here.

I love it!

I'm a McCarty Singlecut player, too. Just a wonderful, wonderful guitar in every way.

Congrats!! Quite a beauty! This model is on my radar for a "one of these days" addition to the stable.

That is splendiferous...love the figuring. Almost pulled the trigger on one of these and still gas for one. Glad she has her own unique voice for you in your stable - that's always a consideration / concern when dropping that much coin on a guitar.

A most excellent purchase - congrats!

I love it!

I'm a McCarty Singlecut player, too. Just a wonderful, wonderful guitar in every way.

Oh I know that Les. Your comments were a huge influence on my decision. Thank you. The Bernie Marsden/Andertons video was probably the tipping point. I thought about holding out for an American Bernie Marsden but Sweetwater wanted to get rid of this guitar and so they did. Excellent service from them. Absolutely no regrets.

And thank you to everyone else for the very kind comments. Very much appreciated. What a wonderful group of musicians here. Now I must go back to playing it.

Oh man, that is a lovely guitar (and your photos look great)! Glad to hear it sounds/plays as good as it looks. Win.

Back