NGD Oh… now I understand, RWN

Andrew Paul

The cat's meow
I’ve never owned a PRS or any guitar with a Rosewood neck. I’ve only tried one in a music store a long time ago, a 513, but it really needed a truss rod adjustment, the action was way too high to get a good sense on how it would properly feel. The music store was too busy, couldn’t get help so ultimately I didn’t enjoy the experience and left.

I’ve read on this forum so many times, how awesome guitars with RWN sound and feel. Absolutely, the feel of this neck is incredible and the guitar sounds amazing. Now I understand what the hubbub is all about. I originally couldn’t decide between the maple neck Santana and the Rosewood neck so I decided to have both. I think they both complement each other in different ways.

Anyway, enjoy the photos and if you’ve never played a guitar with a rosewood neck definitely try one. Now I see what I’ve been missing all these years.

The specs; Santana Retro Wood Library with Artist grade quilted Maple top (Electric Tiger), Indian Rosewood neck with Brazilian Rosewood fingerboard/headstock, veneer, and mahogany body. I already took the Dave’s guitar store 40th anniversary truss rod cover off it and put a plain black one on, no offense to their shop but it didn’t look great on the guitar.

S3O8aKV.jpg

pHoyPbY.jpg

VWTRcmO.jpg

I am so glad you found that first. My credit card might have melted.

In my opinion, any guitar is immediately improved with a rosewood neck. My two Brazilian RW necked 513s are consistently the best feeling necks I have on any guitar. The EBMM Albert Lee HH with the IRW neck is a close second. You’re right in saying everyone should at least try a RW equipped guitar!

That is the best looking Santana I’ve ever seen. Congratulations! If it plays even half as good as it looks, it’s a winner. Dibs if you sell! :)

I am so glad you found that first. My credit card might have melted.

In my opinion, any guitar is immediately improved with a rosewood neck. My two Brazilian RW necked 513s are consistently the best feeling necks I have on any guitar. The EBMM Albert Lee HH with the IRW neck is a close second. You’re right in saying everyone should at least try a RW equipped guitar!

That is the best looking Santana I’ve ever seen. Congratulations! If it plays even half as good as it looks, it’s a winner. Dibs if you sell! :)
Thanks for your kind reply Rick! I’m afraid this is going to open up Pandora’s box with rosewood necks….. god help me!

Back