NGD of a Lifetime, Best Guitar EVER!! Private Stock Singlecut 594 Prototype!

I really want to try a TR100, love the sound from the 10. And you will love the Atma, raging little amp.

Yeah, that ATMA is great! My favorite "Lunchbox" amp out there, and I have tried a ton of them.

I have a THR 10C for my Apartment in CA, I dig it. But the THR100HD is in an entirely different league, I have it plugged into a Marshall 1960AV 4x12, it is a monster, great tone and hard to believe it is not a tube amp. Super simple, sets up like an amp, spin some knobs for tone and play, versus the complexity of Fractal, Helix, Kemper, etc. Not knocking those other solutions, they are WAY more flexible and configurable (infinitely), but I don't do well with "complex" when it comes to guitar stuff, complex = collecting dust for me. ;)

I think the stain is what's on my McCarty SC, called "Faded McCarty Burst." Looks awfully close, anyway.

Absolutely awesome in every way.

Someone's gonna get a killer deal when you (inevitably) spec your PS version of it in a different color, and sell this one. I've had a slow year because of my surgeries, sadly, so I doubt it'll be me. :(

Still, a man can dream.

I absolutely LOVE that guitar! Way to go, Pete!!!

Thanks, Les!

I don't think it is Faded McCarty Burst or anything like that. Similar, yes, but still fairly different. There is no sprayed burst whatsoever on it, and in certain lights/angles you can actually see it is subtly a "Glow" finish, where they sand the middle lightly. I think it is some sort of Amber finish, it is more orange than McCarty Burst. When I get a spec sheet, I will let everyone know!

With regards to someone getting a killer deal, didn't you see I declared this a lifetime keeper?!? ;) LOL...

But you had no interest / "need" for an SC594 I thought? LOL

So happy to hear your thoughts on this model...already had planned to make one, this just cements it!!!

Oh and where does the "dibs line" start?

Yeah, I am TOTALLY eating my words on multiple times declaring that the McCarty 594 is so awesome that I don't need a Singlecut. But I am happy to be proven so wrong! :)

This guitar is unbelievable, it sort of does the same thing that the 594 did for the DC Ted, took everything great about it, and just took it up a couple of notches of awesomeness. I honestly didn't expect this one to be so great relative to my Singlecut McCarty's, and the 594's.

There are a couple of things mind-blowingly awesome about this guitar, that I haven't yet put a finger on. I get the sense that part of it is the model itself, the 594 scale length and other 594 magic mojo that will make all Singlecut 594's (still have no idea what this officially called) great, just like the 594's are consistently great, across Core 594's, Wood Library and Private Stock ones.

I think there is also something special about THIS particular one, the woods, and the way it resonates and feels in your hands when you play it. I was totally serious about having tears in my eyes after playing it for the first time. I was in shock, like "OMG, I think this is THE ONE", like you have been searching for something for a long time, and you find it, and you are trying to process that, is this really happening at this moment. I have had some killer guitars, and some killer NGD's, but never quite one like that...

Anyway, I look forward to trying others of this model, if they are all anywhere near as great as this one, PRS will have another great new model!!

As the owner of your former PS Singlecut (sibling of the Hammer of the Gods), I can only say, "if this is better, sign me up!"

Thanks guys, for all the kinds words! I have really been enjoying the "Honeymoon Weekend!" ;)

I am going to continue the discussion on thoughts on this one on the McCarty 594 thread, since a lot of the discussion will be around comparing and contrasting to the Doublecut 594's...

Reactions: FJ4
MA Pete,
I just signed on and saw your new SC 594. I love everything about it, but the back of it has some really special coloring that I love, not to mention every other aspect of the guitar.

Based on this guitar, I feel personally that it is equivalent to the first Gibson burst off the line in 1958 when that entire thing first took off. I don't know if at that time, Gibson did a prototype of a burst, as all they changed from a Gold Top was the color, but in years to come, when, not if, PRS collectibles include the 594 series, your guitar is certain to hold a very special place in the hearts of future collectors looking for that elusive PRS guitar known to future collectors as "The Holy Grail". If this guitar is not the Grail, then I don't know what PRS guitar is.

I bow down to your Grailness, Pete. All I wish for is that my private stock 594 may be considered among the knights to your Grailness in the long-term quest of 594-ness. :)
Stephen

I'm sorry, but did you say 88th PRS? Jealous on a whole new level now.

Last edited:
As the owner of your former PS Singlecut (sibling of the Hammer of the Gods), I can only say, "if this is better, sign me up!"

The McCarty Singlecuts are amazing guitars indeed!! No one that has one of those amazing instruments should feel any serious envy, those are amongst the best Singlecuts ever built by PRS!

For me, this just takes it to the next level, that scale length is awesome, and I am sure there is some other super secret Paul magic going on too... ;)

What the... ???!!!!?????
Incredible guitar, you lucky man!

I am feeling lucky, believe me!! ;)

MA Pete,
I just signed on and saw your new SC 594. I love everything about it, but the back of it has some really special coloring that I love, not to mention every other aspect of the guitar.

Based on this guitar, I feel personally that it is equivalent to the first Gibson burst off the line in 1958 when that entire thing first took off. I don't know if at that time, Gibson did a prototype of a burst, as all they changed from a Gold Top was the color, but in years to come, when, not if, PRS collectibles include the 594 series, your guitar is certain to hold a very special place in the hearts of future collectors looking for that elusive PRS guitar known to future collectors as "The Holy Grail". If this guitar is not the Grail, then I don't know what PRS guitar is.

I bow down to your Grailness, Pete. All I wish for is that my private stock 594 may be considered among the knights to your Grailness in the long-term quest of 594-ness. :)
Stephen

clasbenn - Thanks! That was a really cool post to read, I love that analogy. I am feeling the Holy Grail'ness of this guitar, for sure, and I hope that feeling increases over time!

I'm sofry, but did you say 88th PRS? Jealous on a whole new level now.

Yes, but in my defense, never more than 6-8 or so at once. ;)

It was all just a long journey that led me to the destination of the Doublecut and Singlecut 594's...

Wow, that is indeed one gorgeous axe, and you are indeed one proud papa!

wowzers... miss a few days and bam! someone brings in something stunning!!

Congrats on that beautiful and unique guitar. May you enjoy it for many years.

Oh my.... That is one hell of a guitar.

Can you do sound clips of all positions? I would like to hear how this single cut version sounds compared to the standard double cutaways.

Truly great looking guitar, Pete. Glad it's the bomb! Need to go check my lotto ticket and hope for the best. My GAS has been raging for all things 594 lately.

Holy schnikes that is awesome Pete! Truly stunning....just when you dont think they could get any better! LOL. Im very happy it is moving you - I am sure that is no small feat!

Could you measure the thickness? I am curious how it compares to the SC58/SC245 guitars?

88? EIGHTY EIGHT PRS guitars?

Seriously? How?

I had about 17 and was feeling bad. You have made me feel much better!

88? EIGHTY EIGHT PRS guitars?

Seriously? How?

I had about 17 and was feeling bad. You have made me feel much better!

He has a thread over on vintage rocker that chronicles every one. It's a fun read if you have time to go through a 90 page thread!

Back