NGD: Now I'm Done (for a long while)

A divorce. :p:D

Earlier this year I picked up a Craig Bumgarner custom job, which was a massive upgrade from the Eastman DM1 I had been playing, the SSH a few months ago, and now this. My wife is a saint for dealing with me!

The JA feels like a very special guitar to me. I had a Benedetto Bambino a few years ago, and while quite different from a build perspective, this JA is built just as well. The Benedetto had as close to perfect fretwork as I've ever experienced, and the JA is every bit as good. Something else unique is the use of mahogany as the sides; the combo of spruce, mahogany, and maple, along with the maple neck and ebony board, is really magical. PRS nailed the formula on this guitar. If I ever had a PS made, I could very easily see it being based on the JA.

How can you be ‘done for a while’ when there are still some used Brent Mason’s being put up for sale that need to find good homes ?

Thankfully I don't play solidbody guitars enough to justify more than the one LP I have :) Need at least a semi-hollow, if not fully hollow!

Last edited:
Beautiful! Looks like a killer sounding guitar, too.

I will never buy another guitar again, either. :rolleyes:

Bahahaha!

Beautiful man! That’s funny, I was just looking this morning for a JA with the 53/10s...no luck :(

On Reverb, I only saw 6 of them come up for sale this year. People seem to hold onto them, which now that I have one, makes perfect sense.

Beautiful! Looks like a killer sounding guitar, too.

I will never buy another guitar again, either. :rolleyes:

Bahahaha!

I bought three of the nicest guitars I've ever owned this year alone, time to take a long break :)

I get it! I was poking fun at myself, not at you.

I'm always on the wagon, avoiding another guitar. Until I'm not.

Trust me, I took it humorlessly :)

Me writing that I am taking a break is more of daily affirmation that I'm taking a break haha. I mean, I'm still checking Reverb daily!

My goal is to take a couple of years off, and in doing so, can justify a Private Stock build. I am over the moon happy with the JA-15, and I would love to have a PS version made. No major differences in materials, but a nice piece of bearclaw spruce for the top and a Brazilian rosewood fretboard would be nice.

My goal is to take a couple of years off, and in doing so, can justify a Private Stock build. I am over the moon happy with the JA-15, and I would love to have a PS version made. No major differences in materials, but a nice piece of bearclaw spruce for the top and a Brazilian rosewood fretboard would be nice.

I love my PS guitars. There's something truly special about the way they feel, and they have what I call the Mac Daddy tone - I can't really put my finger on exactly what could cause that, but it's there.

They look nice, too, though I must say that the guitars in your pic are lovely to look at as well!

Back