NGD: Now I'm Done (for a long while)

JSanta585

Let's be honest, you're here for the pictures.

FlqAJ6i.jpg

eqs9DLV.jpg

TjDQctR.jpg

XAHDdcY.jpg

I am mainly a Django style guitarist (at least that's what I'm trying to do), but I do enjoy playing a lot of other styles. I had been looking for a Spruce Archtop, but the used market has outpaced what I was willing to pay. The JA has intrigued me since it came out, and this one came up for sale. It's in Vintage Natural, and is just stunning in person. It takes every tone I can throw at it.

It plays and sounds every bit as nice as it looks. The 53/10s are wonderful pickups.

Thank you everyone! The person I purchased it from on eBay was really great. The guitar was packaged wonderfully. And coming from FL to WNY (and waiting for 24 hours to open), it only needed to be tuned. The setup was perfect.

It sounds incredible. I was playing some chord melody stuff, and each note has a wonderful separation, and warm, rounded tone. And when you dump some distortion on it, you lose none of that clarity.

But does it django?

It doesn't have that pump and cut, or volume that my Bumgarner does, so it's not something I would ever take to a Django jam. I can play the tunes on it, but it doesn't sound or feel anywhere near the same.

Back