NGD - not quite what was originally planned....

Aahzz

Bluebeard Member
OK, so if you pay any attention to me at all, you saw that I was selling my Vela Semi, Simmons. She sold yesterday. I was planning to go with an S2 Standard 22, and was ready to pull the trigger on one on the GC website when I decided to take a last look at Craigslist. Instead of my normal search for PRS S2, I just searched for PRS, and found one I missed. The listing title was "PRS S1 Guitar". One pic, not very good, but I was quite positive that it was in fact an S2 Custom 22. Listing did mention that the pickups had been replaced with Duncan "Whole Lotta Humbuckers", which aren't cheap...and without violating pricing rules, it was priced slightly less than I was considering for the Standard plus a set of replacement pickups. Messaged the guy, arranged to meet, and it was, in fact, an S2 Custom 22 in Amber Smokeburst. Had the packaging from the replacement pickups, along with the original pickups, bag, hang tag, and trem bar. Top figuring there, but very subtle, which I like.

Yeah, bought it on the spot. Having a ridiculously busy day, so only got to plug in for a minute - first impression is that I like the pickups but they seem fairly hot. Some tweaking may be required, or a replacement. Setup needs some small tweaks, which will come later, but I think I'm going to be quite happy - and if not, should be an easy flip :D.

On to the pics!
cu221.jpg

cu222.jpg

cu223.jpg

cu224.jpg

Last edited:
Back