NGD - not an SG!

Dave Carroll

For the last few weeks I've been looking to get an SG, and I tried quite a few that were available locally, both new and used. I had about decided on a 2016 Standard when I saw a listing for this 2008 Mira pop up for sale. After some quick research, I went to play it and it immediately felt more comfortable than all the SGs I'd tried, and I liked the idea of the coil tap too. Needless to say, it came home with me and, after a little TLC and some new strings, it plays beautifully and sounds great!

This is my second PRS, after my lovely wife gave me a '98 Custom 24 earlier this year. I guess I've been truly bitten by the PRS bug now!

IMG-1751.jpg

I loved the run of white Miras with gold hardware. Congrats!

Me too, I’ve always wanted one.

That makes three of us....it just doesn't get much classier than white and gold. One of those would go perfect with one of the white hard cases PRS did for the 25th Anniversary run guitars.

Oh, and congrats on the new guitar, Dave! Those old-school, 24-fret Mira's are incredible guitars!

Last edited:
Way better than an SG.
I love it in that colour.
What is your classical?

Thanks! It's a Rodriguez Model E, I think. I had not played it for a while and it was stored in the Humi-case that it came with. I guess it was a little too 'Humi' because when I got it out recently, I noticed the entire back was discoloured! If I turned it around, it's almost the same colour as the Mira :) Still sounds good though.

Dave’s still has a few of those cases for sale, you should grab one before I buy them all.

Haha! I actually do have one! I got lucky when I bought my first Core model from GC back in 2011. I bought a used 2008 Custom 22. When the dude came out with a 25th Anniversary case, I was a bit puzzled, but didn't say anything because I really wanted one of those cases.

Ironically, the hang-tag for the previous guitar was in there...a 25th Anniversary Mira. Being they didn't have any Mira's in the store at that time, I figured someone traded in the Custom 22 towards the Mira but didn't want the 25th Anniversary case, so I lucked out and got the case. :D

Last edited:
Was never really a fan of the Miras. I am now. :D GREAT looking guitar!

Back