NGD: Not a WL509...

BWV548

Custom Title
...but I'm not complaining!

I'm weak and couldn't resist the call of these Special CU22 SHs. My concern is that I'll like it more than the PS that should arrive within a month or so!

ht7aPmh.jpg

lNo6u2i.jpg

EmIPM0o.jpg

KkFA9mR.jpg

Love it! You're right to be concerned. The SSH is an OUTSTANDING guitar. I know I love my West St, but if I had to pick just one, it would be a toss up between the SSH, West St, and 509.

You're really going to love that guitar. Sooooo many good tonezzz!

Incredible!!!

Beautiful, classic look....I've been drooling over these as everybody has been posting them. There's one here locally in a little shop I want to go check out.

Congrats on your new guitar!!!

I've never seen that model before. If only one is H, then I imagine the 2nd switch twins the SS's together?

Its a stunning guitar in any case. Nice catch!
It was released at Experience 2018, with a limited ordering window (now closed). I picked one up at Experience - it is an awesome guitar!

The SSH stands for Special Semi-Hollow, not single-single-humbucker. The pup config is HHH, with the middle one being a NF. Mini-toggles control whether the outer HBs are full double coil or in a "multi-tap" mode (similar to but not exactly same as a split coil or true single coil).

That sure is a nice one. Congrats. I'd really like to hear what that sounds like but don't think I can find any around here. Maybe you could give a future tone report. Enjoy that guitar,

You bought what I'm waiting on... only difference is, I ordered a Wood Library one with Artist Package limited edition and Paul signed a control cavity with "Happy Retirement, Will, Paul Reed Smith"...

However, you get to laugh at me and others like me that are playing air right now just because we wanted a particular color and/or package...

Congrats! You have a beauty and I bet one heck of a player's tone machine!!! I long for the moment I get to caress mine...

Oh man, this thing is AMAZING!!
Of the 58/15 family, I've only had experience with the LTs (594 and HBII), which I love in the 594 (less so in the HB). Right now, loving these more!

You bought what I'm waiting on... only difference is, I ordered a Wood Library one with Artist Package limited edition and Paul signed a control cavity with "Happy Retirement, Will, Paul Reed Smith"...

However, you get to laugh at me and others like me that are playing air right now just because we wanted a particular color and/or package...

Congrats! You have a beauty and I bet one heck of a player's tone machine!!! I long for the moment I get to caress mine...
Why are you playing air?? You just got that green beauty!!

...but I'm not complaining!

I'm weak and couldn't resist the call of these Special CU22 SHs. My concern is that I'll like it more than the PS that should arrive within a month or so!

ht7aPmh.jpg

lNo6u2i.jpg

EmIPM0o.jpg

KkFA9mR.jpg

and I'll say it again... that's one mighty fine axe ya got there, buddy!!!!! :):cool:

That sure is a nice one. Congrats. I'd really like to hear what that sounds like but don't think I can find any around here. Maybe you could give a future tone report. Enjoy that guitar,
I could certainly do at some point. That said, there are probably demos out there by better guitar players than I.

Oh man, this thing is AMAZING!!
Of the 58/15 family, I've only had experience with the LTs (594 and HBII), which I love in the 594 (less so in the HB). Right now, loving these more!

You're onto something here. While the LTs are great, the MTs on this are spectacular.

Wow, so I get pretty giddy on every NGD that I have. Always a good reason for joy and excitement.
But today was ridiculous! I got lost with the instrument for hours. I nearly missed a rehearsal (I took my 594, it’s a pretty traditional jazz group, and i can get those sounds out of the 594 in my sleep.

It presents a great contrast to that guitar. 594: depth, richness. SSH, just so alive and present!
I’m thinking the PS should sit in between, as it will have a similar pickup config as the SSH, but it’s based on a SH 594.
I’m a very fortunate, and grateful, bloke!

Back