NGD non PRS content

Wow, still no ban, post removal or Coventry! That emboldens me more... ;)

It may comfort some of you to learn that I didn't gig it last night (I wanted to) because the small adjustments I thought I needed to correct some string buzz didnt work. So this morning I spent some time going over it checking & measuring. The 22nd fret is high. That is obviously easy to correct. It doesnt look risen so I will dress it back later and see what else that leaves.

Members of different brand guitar forum chastised me about never having played a tele (despite 57 years experience), but it wasn't the brand you'd expect. :)

Wow, still no ban, post removal or Coventry! That emboldens me more... ;)

It may comfort some of you to learn that I didn't gig it last night (I wanted to) because the small adjustments I thought I needed to correct some string buzz didnt work. So this morning I spent some time going over it checking & measuring. The 22nd fret is high. That is obviously easy to correct. It doesnt look risen so I will dress it back later and see what else that leaves.

Members of different brand guitar forum chastised me about never having played a tele (despite 57 years experience), but it wasn't the brand you'd expect. :)
Yeah, so posting a non PRS NGD on the PRS forum makes sense how? That's a rhetorical question because it doesn't make sense.

Well
Yeah, so posting a non PRS NGD on the PRS forum makes sense how? That's a rhetorical question because it doesn't make sense.

It makes sense. It depends how wedded you are to your perceptions. My perceptions are informed by other forums as well as this one. Openness & toleration are embraced by some. I would prefer to feel that attitude would be possible here.

Well

It makes sense. It depends how wedded you are to your perceptions. My perceptions are informed by other forums as well as this one. Openness & toleration are embraced by some. I would prefer to feel that attitude would be possible here.
We talk about our other stuff from time to time, but most of us wouldn’t dedicate a thread to something from another manufacturer - even if it is really amazing and people here might appreciate it.

it doesn’t hurt my feelings when a known prs nut buys non-prs gear, but some of you have dedicated posts about non-prs straps and mesa-boogie amps, which i don’t understand and am totally against.

I don't personally care one way or the other because I don't make the forum rules... it's more like a "WTF?"

It has nothing to do with tolerance, open mindedness or perceptions, it just kind of leaves your audience asking why. Why post a Tele on a PRS forum where interest is bound to be minimal when there are dedicated Tele and Fender forums with fans up the wazoo?

My hunch is it's just a bit of exuberant show and tell and that you posted it on every guitar forum you're a member of. No shame there, you're a member here and just sharing something that's got you stoked. At the same time, you already knew it wasn't going to fly right so you tried to warn people in the thread title.

Speaking personally, I can't really appreciate it because I've never been into Fender style guitars. I don't have anything against them, just not my style. I'm guessing that's a pretty sweet Tele, but you couldn't prove it by me so it's kind of wasted effort.

I agree that it's nothing to gang tackle you for, but the responses you got were pretty much as expected all things considered :)

Back