NGD - No PRS Content

alantig

Zombie Four, DFZ
Got something new last night. Get this - it’s green.

Oh - and it harkens back to my youth, and no doubt a few other folks’ youths here. 11Top and Les will be able to identify it right away, I’m sure.

Edited to add a visual hint...

dammit1.jpg

New Gumby, dammit!!!

dammit2.jpg

Saw it in a local record store at lunch yesterday and didn’t buy it. But it stuck in my head all afternoon, so I grabbed it last night and put it down on my music desk this afternoon while I was setting up my new controller surface. I haven’t bent this one much (it is very flexible), but I remember having several of these as a kid, and after so many bends, a wire would usually stick out as the rubber started to split.

Thought about buying a Bad Girl Lois action figure, too, but there’s only so much of this my wife can stand in one day. Although I think she likes the idea that I might buy a Rick James Funko...

Gumby! I loved playing with Gumby as a kid.

But now I want to see the new controller surface.

Mr. Potatohead is disappointed to being relegated to the Island of Misfit Toys. “No one wants a Charlie/Alan-in-the-Box...”

:eek:

Where's Mr. Bill?

I'd love to have Mr. Bill on there somewhere. I have the old Mr. Bill Show book still. For a TV class in high school, I wanted to do How Mr. Bill Becomes A Law (would have needed a Tonka truck to explain overriding a veto), but I was outvoted.

Gumby! I loved playing with Gumby as a kid.

But now I want to see the new controller surface.

faderport.jpg

PreSonus Faderport 8. Motorized faders, the controls can be changed to adjust pan, EQ, or plug-in settings. It was almost as easy to set up as a guitar pick - seriously. It’s designed to work with Studio One - very tight integration - but it also has modes that allow it to work with other DAWs like Logic and ProTools.

The closest thing I had to an issue was a misunderstanding on my part. When I saw it in the store, it wasn’t connected to anything and was in Studio One mode. The display window at the top showed a message, “Studio One, waiting for host”. Changing modes is as simple as holding down two buttons when you power the unit on, then pressing select for the mode you want. Which I did for Logic and...it was blank. So I went to the net and made sure I was doing it right. Fired up Logic, and it synced right away. Couldn’t have been easier. This is going to make mixing so much easier.

Back