NGD (new to me) DC3

Forum members may recognize this instrument. It was owned by a couple of them, I believe. I saw it pop up on Reverb being sold by CME, and the price (after a quick negotiation) was too good to pass up.

VE8K88A.jpg

c6fTGIe.jpg

It plays very nicely, definitely more strat-like than most PRS. Neck feels very much like my 305 (also maple FB). I need to do a back-to-back, later today perhaps, to see if I can detect any nuances between them.

The guitar is in great shape, not played hard or put up wet at all.
Is that an ash body?

Is that an ash body?
It is alder, same wood at used on the 305 model.

And hey @Shawn@PRS or whoever might be interested: the Model History page on the PRS site is missing quite a few of the models released in the early-mid 2010s, such as the DC3, NF3, and 305 (and probably a lot more):

https://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/support/article/model_history

Maybe one of us forumites can provide the missing details to make a more comprehensive model history, and provide it to the website manager? (I would volunteer, but I'm pretty sure I don't know nearly enough.)

Oh, and I played it lat night during an informal jam when the majority of the band was over last night for social drinks (official band practice night is Thursdays). That thing rocks! I can get a half-way decent pseudo acoustic sound out of it running through a Fishman Aura into the Sweet 16, and when I need to get it to rock, it does that in spades!

I think I will take it out this weekend to an open mike that we are becoming regulars at - we can let our rock'n'roll side get some airplay, which is a nice change of pace from the "Irish Pub Band" thing we do at our regular monthly gig(s).

It's a shame @sergiodeblanc and @Rider1260 didn't keep it in their collections, but I am very happy to have snagged it in the end!

Back