NGD (new to me) DC3

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by shinksma, Jun 10, 2019.

1. CyFan4036

CyFan4036 New Member

Is that an ash body?

2. shinksma

shinksma What? I get a title?

It is alder, same wood at used on the 305 model.

And hey @[email protected] or whoever might be interested: the Model History page on the PRS site is missing quite a few of the models released in the early-mid 2010s, such as the DC3, NF3, and 305 (and probably a lot more):

https://www.prsguitars.com/index.php/support/article/model_history

Maybe one of us forumites can provide the missing details to make a more comprehensive model history, and provide it to the website manager? (I would volunteer, but I'm pretty sure I don't know nearly enough.)

CyFan4036 likes this.
  3. shinksma

shinksma What? I get a title?

Oh, and I played it lat night during an informal jam when the majority of the band was over last night for social drinks (official band practice night is Thursdays). That thing rocks! I can get a half-way decent pseudo acoustic sound out of it running through a Fishman Aura into the Sweet 16, and when I need to get it to rock, it does that in spades!

I think I will take it out this weekend to an open mike that we are becoming regulars at - we can let our rock'n'roll side get some airplay, which is a nice change of pace from the "Irish Pub Band" thing we do at our regular monthly gig(s).

It's a shame @sergiodeblanc and @Rider1260 didn't keep it in their collections, but I am very happy to have snagged it in the end!

bodia likes this.