NGD & NAD - Experience

FenianEMT

Some of you may have seen the pic from the vendor floor at Experience, but I figured I'd do a proper NGD/NAD thread. I picked up a 594 in McCarty Tobacco Sunburst and a stealth and charcoal Two Channel Custom 50 Combo. The guys from Music Villa were awesome, and gave me a great deal! Both the amp and the guitar are magical! Here are the pics (including a little something special on the back of the amp).

Very nice! The Custom 50s are outstanding amps with tons of versatility. You can cover a lot of ground with that pair!

I saw you at the table when you shook hands with the guys and inked the deal.

Your smile really said it all!

Great score and enjoy the heck out of that perfect combo.

Congrats! It was a pleasure meeting you. Enjoy all the new gear in good health =)

Noice! I wonder if one of the reasons I <3 my MDT so much is that it has both PRSh's and DS' signatures (as well as someone else's whom I don't recognize). Maybe I'll like the Archon better if I get him to sign it. Lollers, kidding, not even going to ask.
Nfqz1SC.jpg

Last edited:
Love that pair! What a great thing that you rescued these two and took them to a loving home. You're a good man!

I cannot image you needing any other guitar or amp for a long time! Rock that pair in good health and happiness.

Thanks, all! I'm already ecstatic with this rig, and it's going to be even better after I get the reverb on the amp fixed (hopefully tomorrow morning). I could probably spend the rest of my life trying to learn to play well enough to do it justice, which makes for great inspiration.

Doug is the man! Tubes last longer when he's signed the amp. :cool: Killer combination. Congrats.
Doug may be one of the finest human beings I've ever met! I always love meeting somebody who is at the absolute pinnacle of their profession and remains incredibly humble and approachable. I was a bit in awe when I met him, and he put me completely at ease.
I cannot image you needing any other guitar or amp for a long time! Rock that pair in good health and happiness.
I'm sure I'll start GASing after something else eventually, but especially with the Vela, the Hollowbody II, and the Strat already in the house, I really can't imagine what else I could need.

Except maybe something with a piezo. I think I need a piezo. :p

Superb combination of amp and guitar. You couldn't have made a better choice.

I was thinking about how to reply, and my thought process went something like this:
I couldn't be happier with the result!

Well...I suppose I'd be happier if I didn't have to take the amp in for repair right away.

Actually, would I? Do I actually mind an excuse to go back to the Chocolate Factory so soon?

No. No, I don't mind at all.​
:D

The biggest problem I have with this setup (and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person on this forum who might have this problem) is that it tends to interrupt my practice. I'll play for a bit, and then set the guitar flat on my lap and just stare into the figure on the top. It's mesmerizing.

Back