NGD My First PRS

Jonathon Hallett

Jonnypotwash
Hi, this is my first post as I have just become the proud owner of 2016 Chris Robertson SE in Kentucky Blueburst. I have to say I`m super impressed. I have been on the hunt for a replacement for my old faithful 1981 Ibanez Artist that I have since the late 1980`s. I was beginning to think I would have to re-fret and upgrade the electrics as I could not find a guitar in my price range, around 500 pounds, that was good enough to replace it. For anyone not familiar with the Artist, it's basically a double cut Les Paul, mahogany, maple top, twin humbuckers, these were Ibanez versions of SD Super Distortions, a bit too hot for me now as I'm more into low output PAF sounds, Kossoff etc.
The CR was just what I was looking for, really sweet 57/08 and lovely P90. I can finally get the tone I`ve been searching for, even with the Artist I was struggling. Build quality is excellent, finish is perfect.
I`ve hardly put it down for the past few days:):):)

Excellent! Once you get your post count up, post some links to photos! (Check the FAQ area for instructions on how to upload to 3rd party site and link.)

I have heard these are awesome guitars, and the mix of P90 and HB is supposed to be the bee's knees. Great choice for a first PRS!

Excellent! Once you get your post count up, post some links to photos! (Check the FAQ area for instructions on how to upload to 3rd party site and link.)

I have heard these are awesome guitars, and the mix of P90 and HB is supposed to be the bee's knees. Great choice for a first PRS!
Yeah, hadn't really considered a PRS as I thought would be out of my range, but this was in my local music shop, like it was meant to be:):). The sounds are awesome, the neck took a bit of getting used to as the Artist has quite a thin neck, but hasn't taken long. I would really recommend this guitar to anyone looking for a blues, classic rock sound. Nails it.

Congratulations! No better feeling than a new guitar unless that new guitar is a PRS. Looking forward to seeing the photos.

Congrats! I would really like to offload my Agile LP copy for one of these. Welcome to the forum and may you love it (and all the PRSi to follow) - long time!

JOY9m2v
Here are a couple of piccs :):);)
BzMm2pl.jpg
gKxVyrE.jpg

Oh hell, yeah. That is a cool color, especially with the teardrop burst out to the dark. And, the P90 in the neck is going to be killer.

Congrats!

Back