NGD - My First PRS!

dragonfly66

It has taken me a while to find an affordable, light-weight, PRS in a color I like, but it finally happened! Here is my NOS 2008 Custom 22 10 Top Color Test Prototype (Santana Yellow) 6.6lbs. It arrives on the same day I am leaving on a business trip so it will be home for 5 days before I can touch it. It is heart breaking!

14608763678_4605fc6af6_z.jpg
14608765108_ac1c46dc2a_z.jpg
14793034114_06bf804300_n.jpg

I found these videos to give me some solace as I wait to be united with my guitar.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice. If you need someone to guitar sit, I'm your man lol

Killer colour and love the natural back/sides! Wrap tail too ... next you'll be telling me it has 57/08s and then I'll have to come rob ya ... ;)

Looks great - nice score! You should have had it shipped to me, though - if something new sits for five days, the tone degrades out of spite.

Guess you'll just have to buy another...

Killer colour and love the natural back/sides! Wrap tail too ... next you'll be telling me it has 57/08s and then I'll have to come rob ya ... ;)

No 57/08s :( that would be sweet though. I do like the natural with the yellow. I never use the trem on any of my guitars that have them (strat, mustang) so knew I wanted a hard tail. This guitar is exactly what I wanted. I am so excited! I can't think of anything that I can do to get out of this trip :(

Last edited:
Very nice. If you need someone to guitar sit, I'm your man lol

Looks great - nice score! You should have had it shipped to me, though - if something new sits for five days, the tone degrades out of spite.

Guess you'll just have to buy another...

I do wish someone would check it out while I am gone. Might have a friend come over to at least make sure it is OK from the shipping. So nervous buying a guitar online. It is from an authorized dealer, Dave's Guitars, but you never know what the carriers do to these boxes.

That's really nice! Proto of anything is way cool. Love the top and natty back. Congrats!

Finally!

I finally got the guitar on Friday and it is even more amazing in person. The neck is just fabulous. I play mainly acoustic so I am right at home with the wide fat profile. I was worried about the weight because the box had a shipping weight of almost 28lbs. The guitar IS under 7lbs, not quite the 6.6lbs advertized (at least on my postal scale), but anything under 7lbs is fine by me. All that shipping weight was from the case then. I was also worried about the guitar being with the UPS for so long, but the box didn't look like it had been dropped or stepped on, which is almost unheard of.

I took photos of the pickups and pickup cavities and found out this guitar was made in December of 2008 and went to NAMM 09. It must not have gotten played much because it looks brand new, including the frets!

14883731132_2fe9d78b3c.jpg
14903934753_5954e908ce.jpg

14903935513_2d47cef65d.jpg
14697391430_c3b83132e6.jpg

14903936463_dc1e3599c0.jpg

Last edited:
The Dragon II pick-ups are bright in comparison to some PAFs I have in a Sugar Pine Telecaster. I have played them through a 5E3 w/ Celestion Gold so far. They sound beautiful. I'll have a chance to play through some other amps this week-end. I have a JTM45 clone and a '68 Super Reverb I want to try it through. I also have a new OD and Fuzz pedal coming this week that I'll test it out with.

HNGD!! What are those dragon II pups like?

I like the pickups at first, maybe false bliss from having a new guitar and wanting to like everything about it. They soon became far too bright for me. I was looking at replacing them and didn't understand why anyone would like them. I was also having an intermittent problem with the rotary switch where positions 1 and 4 would give almost no volume. I talked to the tech at Dave's Guitars and after some troubleshooting they sent me a new rotary switch. After installing the new rotary switch the pickups actually sounded MUCH better. Now I do not want to or need to change them out. I didn't think the rotary switch would have such a dramatic affect on the pickups, but it did.

Back