NGD | My first PRS, hoping I will fit in around here. | 1998 CE-24

Michael James Yass

I haven't pulled the pups out of it to look at the MODCAT yet, so there are some unknowns.

It looks amazing!

Bird inlays in a 1998 are relatively uncommon (?) I am told. It plays great, with low action and such range between the pickup selector options!

I am over the moon and looking forward to many many years with this exquisite instrument!

Nice one!! Seems to have been babied, the blue hasn't faded at all...
You won't find a modcat in a 98. Just some writing in the pickup cavities and maybe the color name.
Pickups should be HFS and Vintage Bass, neck carve should be wide thin and the color should be either whale blue, if it has a black back, or royal blue if it is blue on the back as well.

Inline
EOTw7Ud_d.jpg

Nice one!! Seems to have been babied, the blue hasn't faded at all...
You won't find a modcat in a 98. Just some writing in the pickup cavities and maybe the color name.
Pickups should be HFS and Vintage Bass, neck carve should be wide thin and the color should be either whale blue, if it has a black back, or royal blue if it is blue on the back as well.

Thanks for letting me know before I tore into it and started worrying I had an impostor PRS!

Sounds like it is Royal Blue, the only black on the back is the cavity guards and the neckplate. I'll probably still pull out the pups when I take the strings off and look at the back of them to see if they have an HFS and Vintage Bass label on them. I can only assume the neck is wide thin, as that appropriately describes the feel, but I don't have a proper frame of reference to know.

Back