NGD my first PRS and introduction to the forum.

AEnesidem

Hello all!

Today i can proudly say i own a PRS guitar. It's a faded abalone blue custom 24 with fixed bridge from the year 2000. I picked this baby up secondhand and went to the other side of Belgium to get it. It plays like a dream and sounds fenomenal, however i might change the pickups to a set of BKP's (not so happy about the vintage bass). It has the nice and clean but roaring PRS growl that i was looking for. The fixed bridge gives it a bit more body than the trem versions i played, which i like.
Normally, i don't really like the look of rosewood, but this guitar has a very nice even and dense red looking rosewood! (previous owner said it was Brazillian). Originally i wasn't sure if i wanted to buy it because i love the bird inlays and the binding, but i haven't looked back ever since i picked it up.
The guitar was originally abalone blue but faded over the years, On the front and even on the back you can see the natural grain of the wood come through. I saw some pictures of heavily faded PRS guitars and loved their look! so i might let it fade a little more :biggrin:

Enough talking! Here it is: (The color kind of shifts depending on the position, i didn't have good lighting and only have a phone to make pictures with so bear with me!

970b3p.jpg

15ry3p5.jpg

suzoko.jpg

2yxn94y.jpg

10ynjwg.jpg

With the family!
256u70o.jpg

With my bands other guitar player's Tremonti sig.
fx6ou8.jpg

Last edited:
And here's some pictures made with a good camera, in good light, you'll notice it looks quite different on there!
The back is actually much darker when you see it under normal light!
s5fg8z.jpg

iwon75.jpg

16gac74.jpg

Wow, nice one! That's a rare bird, fixed bridge on a custom 24. I know it used to be an option, but not anymore I guess. Too bad, but just makes yours that much more of a cool guitar. Enjoy!

Congrats! Nice flames, nice finish.:top: You can get the birds on your next one. :biggrin: (It's so hard to stop at just one.)

Haha, thanks guys!

And yes indeed, it won't stop here. As a student i really don't have the budget to buy more, and i'm saving for an axe-fx. I am already looking forward to the day i can buy a beautiful PRS hollowbody though :biggrin:

That is amazing! I love the faded finish. Between that and your (I'm predicting your future) Singlecut Hollowbody II in faded blue jean, with birds, you'll have everything covered. ;)

Welcome.

That's no faded Abalone (Abalone wasn't an available color in 2000). It's faded Royal Blue. You can tell by the lack of the faux binding and the transparent blue back. If you pull the pups, you can verify the color...

Killer fade!

Oh, and welcome to the Forum!

Back