NGD! My first PRS: a PRS SE Custom 24 Tobacco Sunburst

davidrf

B# is a thing
So, as I mentioned in another thread, I bought my first PRS! It's a 2016 PRS SE Custom 24 bought new with a pretty big discount in a store about 80 miles from me.

Here's some pics. Don't know if the exporting from Lightroom screwed up the color profile... from my browser they look overly saturaded. But whatever.

1gcY.jpg

Soon I'm going to replace the knobs with the PRS USA lampshade knobs (already on their way), and I'll add a push-pull control in the volume knob to switch the out-of-phase effect. I'm also thinking about replacing the tuners with PRS locking tuners Stage III, but maybe they're "a bit" too expensive...

1gcv.jpg

So far I'm literally in love with this guitar and I'm so happy I chose her over a Les Paul Studio 50s Tribute, that in comparison looked and felt like a toy (even if I liked the sound).

1gcx.jpg

I owned many guitars but very few of them were such a good deal... In my opinion this PRS is one guitar that is worth more than its cost. I play guitar since 1995 and I can say the same thing only for a LTD EC-1000 and a Mexican Telecaster i recently sold. And I really can't say the same thing for some Fenders USA and Gibson USA I had (or have).

1gcp.jpg

So, what else to say... I'm happy!

1gc0.jpg

1gcn.jpg

1gcO.jpg

1gcP.jpg

1gct.jpg

Looks killer! Congrats! I agree, they place well above the price point! Lots of bang for your buck.

NIce axe !!! and those pictures are better than 90% of the online vendors and auction sites. LOVE that top !!!!

Play it in good health sir !

NIce axe !!! and those pictures are better than 90% of the online vendors and auction sites. LOVE that top !!!!

Congrats! Nice job with those pics too!

Thanks a lot... from my browser the pics are all messed up and hyper-saturated. From both my pic viewer and my phone they're just right. I hope it's a problem of mine and people don't see the "wrong" version of the pics :)

Just a heads up John Manns guitar vault sells SE locking tuners MUCH cheaper than PRS ones....just sayin

Oh and congrats on the sweet new guitar

It kinda kills me these are available now since I put on different locking tuners in my SE awhile ago. Oh well

very nice!
I'm loving these SE guitars more and more everyday!

Just a heads up John Manns guitar vault sells SE locking tuners MUCH cheaper than PRS ones....just sayin

I just went to his site but I can only find original PRS tuners (very expensive)... What type of tuners are you specifically talking about? Thanks

I just went to his site but I can only find original PRS tuners (very expensive)... What type of tuners are you specifically talking about? Thanks

He is out of stock right now but you can send your tuners in to be modified. I am sending a set in today.
Just give him a call. Real good guy.

Super nice guy...talked me into buying a guitar from him at EXP16. Some might say he's....too good...

Welcome! The SECU24 is IMHO the best intro to the brand - and a total gateway drug. I'm up to 3 SEs, sold my F's, and eyeing a CE24 or a core.

He is out of stock right now but you can send your tuners in to be modified. I am sending a set in today.
Just give him a call. Real good guy.

I can't... I'm from Italy :) Or, well, I could but it would cost me way more than PRS Stage IIIs :)

Back