NGD - My first Maryland PRS (CE24)

supergoat94

Story Time: Last year around this time I decided to jump into the world of PRS. I always liked them but had yet to buy one. My local Guitar Center did not have any in stock, no SE, Core, S2...nothing. So since I was unable to play one I decided to go for the least expensive solution. I figured if the cheap one was as good as everyone said then maybe I would upgrade to a "nicer" one later on.

So for my birthday I bought a translucent blue SE Standard off of Amazon due to their very good return policy, just in case. The second I unboxed it and held it I connected with it. I loved that thing, still do. I knew then though that my wallet was about to get even lighter. If the Indonesian SE model was this good, the American made ones must be outstanding I thought!

Fast forward to June 2020. I had been on the fence on getting a CE 24. $2000 was a lot of money for a new guitar when I am completely happy with my SE, but the allure of an American made one just kept taunting me and I do generally prefer a bolt on neck. I was going back on forth between getting a Trampas Green or a Grey/Black and after weeks of watching and add/removing from cart it finally happened. Musicians Friend had the Black/Grey one on sale for $500 off, nearly a year to the day after I bought my SE. I decided it was fate and placed the order. Once again no one near me had one in stock, or is even open right now so I ordered with blind trust.

It arrived two days ago and just like the SE, I immediately loved everything about it. The build quality, the color, sounds. All of it. We bonded immediately and I can't put it down. Happy Birthday to me! (June 8th actually)

20200606_143344.jpg

Back