NGD: My Eyes Are Green ‘Cause I Eat a lot

So this is how I got in trouble.

What had happened was...

You guys were right. The Santana shape is awesome. I don’t know why but I hate ‘big’ guitars so I figured I would hate the Santana. The truth is it’s fits a female (and probably a male) body shape perfectly... When I play it seated, the guitar fits perfectly into the ‘between boob and hip’ notch. And it stays there. All happy. It doesn’t wiggle and try to slide down like a strat.

I was also surprised that the neck shape wasn’t too big for me. My McCarty has a Pattern neck which is fine but my hand doesn’t like the SE’s wide fat... it starts to cramp immediately with that shape. It’s something about the non-rounded shoulders + the flat radius. I’m guessing the Santana neck must be close to Pattern because it felt fine.

Here’s where I get in PS land... I like bare wood necks. I like them so much that I vowed to never ever ever never to buy another glossy neck’d guitar. I even thought of scruffing up the gloss on a mint Korina McCarty just to make the sticky gloss disappear. That’s how much I dislike sticky gloss. Also, I don’t know that I love the Santana pickups... I would switch them out, but then the guitar wouldn’t be a Santana no more. But it would still be awesome.

So basically, I’d be paying PS money for the Santana shape and for the option of a trem (or I’d buy a tricked out Mira instead). I am not a Carlos fan but I dig the shape of his guitar. What to do?

So this is how I got in trouble.

What had happened was...

You guys were right. The Santana shape is awesome. I don’t know why but I hate ‘big’ guitars so I figured I would hate the Santana. The truth is it’s fits a female (and probably a male) body shape perfectly... When I play it seated, the guitar fits perfectly into the ‘between boob and hip’ notch. And it stays there. All happy. It doesn’t wiggle and try to slide down like a strat.

I was also surprised that the neck shape wasn’t too big for me. My McCarty has a Pattern neck which is fine but my hand doesn’t like the SE’s wide fat... it starts to cramp immediately with that shape. It’s something about the non-rounded shoulders + the flat radius. I’m guessing the Santana neck must be close to Pattern because it felt fine.

Here’s where I get in PS land... I like bare wood necks. I like them so much that I vowed to never ever ever never to buy another glossy neck’d guitar. I even thought of scruffing up the gloss on a mint Korina McCarty just to make the sticky gloss disappear. That’s how much I dislike sticky gloss. Also, I don’t know that I love the Santana pickups... I would switch them out, but then the guitar wouldn’t be a Santana no more. But it would still be awesome.

So basically, I’d be paying PS money for the Santana shape and for the option of a trem (or I’d buy a tricked out Mira instead). I am not a Carlos fan but I dig the shape of his guitar. What to do?

Bodia has a Santana AP that has the in the wood satin maple neck.... so you don’t have to go PS.

But I’d want a rosewood (or mahagony with no gloss) neck with an ebony board.

And special pickups.

And a special color.

And special lil birdies...

And....

And..

And.

Aside from special birds, all those are available from an AP. Not that I’m trying to talk you out of a PS

PS!!!! PS!!!! Casi, I'm sorry... I can't help with PS $. We just met! :D

Oh come on. The next logical step from ‘Dinner and a Movie’ is a PS Santana in a custom color that reminds me of Venice at sunrise in the rain on the front and the beautiful Rosewood trees of India on the back ... with lil birdies dancing to and fro on the jet black fretboard.

It’s the next logical step.

And special pickups.

And a special color.

And....

And..

And.

Ok, I'm on board now, that you ARE in trouble! ;)

Oh come on. The next logical step from ‘Dinner and a Movie’ is a PS Santana in a custom color that reminds me of Venice at sunrise in the rain on the front and the beautiful Rosewood trees of India on the back ... with lil birdies dancing to and fro on the jet black fretboard.

It’s the next logical step.

You must be quite some fun to date! (tongue firmly in cheek :D)

This was around 2000 if I am not mistaken. Not a WL guitar but a PRS limited model.
These were the original Santana I model...

This all makes perfect sense.
None of my Santanas have Santana pickups: 59/09, Singature (408) and 53/10. They are still Santanas.

Hmmm. Interesting. I wonder what pickups I could score for my fantasy Santana guitar... I love 85/15 the most at the moment. I’ve never heard the 59/09s or the 53/10s.

I blame the folks in MD for my fickleness. I came home from Dave’s with my newfound love of Santana’s. Then pulled out my McCarty to check on it. I love that thing. If I got myself a Santana then it and my Custom 24 would have to fight for 2nd place. And that’s when I’m not feelin all stratty.

And special pickups.

And a special color.

And....

And..

And.

I must not care for Santana pick ups either. None of my Santana shapes have them.....
KL-33 - Suhr Doug Aldrich (with splits).....thanks Rider!
Westie - modcat says uncovered 57/08
Bruise Burst - Narrowfields
AP - \m/ (with splits)

Oh, let me leave this right here....Ebony board, satin in maple neck..........YUMMY!

WHI0Xjl.jpg

STbMhLE.jpg

Back