NGD: My Eyes Are Green ‘Cause I Eat a lot

Ha! Sorry, not sorry.

I had thought about posting it right away, but then I fell into a Badu rabbit hole on YouTube and figured I better get to finishing my thread.

Size queens, you say? That means a lot coming from the pullout king... but I don’t need any more convincing. I revised my schedule on my lunch break today so now I have a trip to Dave’s on my calendar this month. I’ve gotta get my hands on a Santana.

And yeah those Badu (and Prince) YouTube rabbit holes are scary. Some people have never come back from them. I’m glad you made it back...

Size queens, you say? That means a lot coming from the pullout king... but I don’t need any more convincing. I revised my schedule on my lunch break today so now I have a trip to Dave’s on my calendar this month. I’ve gotta get my hands on a Santana.

And yeah those Badu (and Prince) YouTube rabbit holes are scary. Some people have never come back from them. I’m glad you made it back...

Nice! There are a couple of sweet ones up on Dave's website!

Especially the “Prince” rabbit holes. I had to re-visit the original “Purple Rain” video, well ‘cos I did! (Didn’t have anything to do with a new to me analogue chorus and delay mix that was going on, through the pedal board that’s under construction). I just need a “slap-back” echo on the PA!

Then I found myself in the whole “Run to You”, goddam BA used a capo, the cheeky rabbit. Now it sounds like it should - vibe!

My 10 year old son walks in and says:

“Wow Dad that sounds so good!”

You’ve gotta love your family when they still think you’re cool! (Haha)

Well 2 hours later and I’m still re-learning “how to” with a pedal board! This is gonna be a fun journey.

Oh heck, I’ve kidnapped the thread. Sorry Sergio!

God help you.

... and by god, I mean whoever is in charge of your finances. They multiply.

Last night I had a dream that Rider changed his mind and wanted his Santana back. Oh, the things I said to him in my dream... let's just say my subconscious must really love this guitar, so I guess I do too.

Sh!t, when's the last time you threatened a friend over a guitar? I almost feel like I need to call him and apologize.

Last night I had a dream that Rider changed his mind and wanted his Santana back. Oh, the things I said to him in my dream... let's just say my subconscious must really love this guitar, so I guess I do too.

Sh!t, when's the last time you threatened a friend over a guitar? I almost feel like I need to call him and apologize.
He's a good guy. You'd better.

When Bodia was telling me how much he loved the Santana guitars and how I needed to try one, I told him that it was the only PRS body shape that I didn’t love, and, that I didn’t like the headstock either because I identified the normal PRS head as THE PRS head and the Santana didn’t have that either.

Seems it has some other compelling features though that should be checked out. Funny thing being, I saw them in stores for years and never played one due to the above mentioned “looks” items. Now since the “you’ve gotta try one” from friends has started, I haven’t seen one in two years.

I’ll try one next time I see one.

Don’t do it man!

Save yourself!

They convinced me to try one, and now I’m in trouble.

I repeat. Save yourself! Get out now! Walk toward my voice...

..... of vegetables.

6MzZUyA.jpg

rmTsgRY.jpg

Yup. What else is there to say? M@therf@ckin’ SANTANA, baby!!!!!
I was convinced your eyes were brown, ‘cause, well, you know...:D

That is one bad mamma jamma. Cool^100

He's a good guy. You'd better.

He’s a great guy, and if it weren’t for him I don’t know if I would have ever been able to Santana.

Don’t do it man!

Save yourself!

They convinced me to try one, and now I’m in trouble.

I repeat. Save yourself! Get out now! Walk toward my voice...

It’s not “save yourself” it’s “treat yourself”. Santana shaped stuff is in the category of chocolate, lingerie, champagne, and sticky weed... sh!t that makes life worth living.

True story: I wanted to die before Santanaing, now I want to live forever.

Last edited:
HA - I have been known to want guitars back , but I worried you might want the DC3 back :)
Your safe on this one buddy

Back