NGD: My Eyes Are Green ‘Cause I Eat a lot

It was all your green guitar jokes that made me think you’d be hitting the ol’ cardboard box spray booth during the next rainstorm or snowstorm.

It’s a really cool guitar, if you ask me, which of course, you didn’t. On the other hand, the White Westie is pretty freakin’ awesome, so there’s that.

:)

It was all your green guitar jokes that made me think you’d be hitting the ol’ cardboard box spray booth during the next rainstorm or snowstorm.

It’s a really cool guitar, if you ask me, which of course, you didn’t. On the other hand, the White Westie is pretty freakin’ awesome, so there’s that.

Like I said, I love the color green, I just kinda struggle to match or compliment, really, with it and other colors. Like, sometimes I leave the house in what I thought were green khakis, only to get in the sun and be like: “sh!t, these are brown now”.

I had such a problem with that when I was an interior decorator and accent walls were all the rage. I’d do a green wall and a beige room, it’d look great (or at least what was in style back then) and then the lighting would shift and I’d be in a salmon pink and brown nightmare. So some of it is PTSD.

... and I can never wear a red shirt with it, which is kinda my default color because it’s the polar opposite of my nemesis blue.

I like the green though. The hang tag says Jade but bodia and I thought this was Mash.

Those guitars are all nice, but I am EXTRA enamored with the black SE. What is that, and where can I get one?!?!?

They were a Sweetwater Ltd. run this/last year. Dave’s had one and there might be one on reverb?

But I feel you, I had to have one as soon as I saw them. Such a “tough” looking guitar! I play it when I’m feeling particularly masculine... it’s not very Santana-y though, it’s more like a Mira with a trem tonally, and feel wise. The neck is also no where as big.

Like I said, I love the color green, I just kinda struggle to match or compliment, really, with it and other colors. Like, sometimes I leave the house in what I thought were green khakis, only to get in the sun and be like: “sh!t, these are brown now”.

I had such a problem with that when I was an interior decorator and accent walls were all the rage. I’d do a green wall and a beige room, it’d look great (or at least what was in style back then) and then the lighting would shift and I’d be in a salmon pink and brown nightmare. So some of it is PTSD.

... and I can never wear a red shirt with it, which is kinda my default color because it’s the polar opposite of my nemesis blue.

I like the green though. The hang tag says Jade but bodia and I thought this was Mash.

First of all, I think you and I should start a business as studio interior decorators. TV ads aren’t as much fun as they once were. I kinda like organizing studios, and I’m not bad at coming up with studio furniture ergonomic ideas, materials, and wall surface treatments.

Note to potential clients: send me a purchase order, and the answer is “yes” for a TV ad, anyway, because while I may be crazy, I’m not stupid!

Hey for green, if you’re not into Khaki, how about black pants and shirt? Or gray, or white. I often rock a black T-shirt, black jeans, and black boots. Hey, it’s a look! Besides, all my guitars go with “absence of color.” White and gray are nice for green also, but...black. I’m into black.

First of all, I think you and I should start a business as studio interior decorators. TV ads aren’t as much fun as they once were. I kinda like organizing studios, and I’m not bad at coming up with studio furniture ergonomic ideas, materials, and wall surface treatments.

Note to potential clients: send me a purchase order, and the answer is “yes” for a TV ad, anyway, because while I may be crazy, I’m not stupid!

Hey for green, if you’re not into Khaki, how about black pants and shirt? Or gray, or white. I often rock a black T-shirt, black jeans, and black boots. Hey, it’s a look! Besides, all my guitars go with “absence of color.” White and gray are nice for green also, but...black. I’m into black.

I’m in! I rather enjoy that stuff too, probably more so than actually working in a studio. I’m playing engineer this week and it brings back flashbacks.... at least it’s not my studio and I don’t have to clean pee off the toilet seats. I’m getting my revenge by shutting off the lights when I go.

I’m into khaki! I mean, c’mon, I have a couple weeks worth of PRS and no college degree, and zero pairs of jeans, of course I’m a tan pants wearing MFer.

Wow! That’s gorgeous! And, to be honest, the Santana body shape is the one prs that I’ve never liked.
But that guitar is making me take a second look! Enjoy it!

When Bodia was telling me how much he loved the Santana guitars and how I needed to try one, I told him that it was the only PRS body shape that I didn’t love, and, that I didn’t like the headstock either because I identified the normal PRS head as THE PRS head and the Santana didn’t have that either.

Seems it has some other compelling features though that should be checked out. Funny thing being, I saw them in stores for years and never played one due to the above mentioned “looks” items. Now since the “you’ve gotta try one” from friends has started, I haven’t seen one in two years.

I’ll try one next time I see one.

When Bodia was telling me how much he loved the Santana guitars and how I needed to try one, I told him that it was the only PRS body shape that I didn’t love, and, that I didn’t like the headstock either because I identified the normal PRS head as THE PRS head and the Santana didn’t have that either.

Seems it has some other compelling features though that should be checked out. Funny thing being, I saw them in stores for years and never played one due to the above mentioned “looks” items. Now since the “you’ve gotta try one” from friends has started, I haven’t seen one in two years.

I’ll try one next time I see one.
Yes. Do that. Just sit with it in your hands and play.

Back