NGD - My CE24 talked me into a friend...

21Hemispheres12

Old Member
After researching extensively for the past few months as well as reaching out here for ideas on my second PRS I still felt completely undecided...until I saw this beauty at Dave's. I love my CE24 so much I figured why not get a Custom 24 as well? I have to say as impressed as I was with my CE24, this Custom has totally blown me away.

It was listed as Mocha Burst but after reaching out to PRS customer service they informed me this was actually a custom color sprayers choice model. The finish is really interesting as it turns from almost black and gray in low light to brown and dark green in sunlight. Also this one has a swamp ash back, quilt maple 10 top and maple neck. I've been on the fence about hybrid hardware in the past but I really like the look of it on this finish.

I got to put it through it's paces at my last band practice and I couldn't believe the note separation and clarity this has. I don't know how much the swamp ash attributes but I definitely feel like it has much more snap and top end sparkle than my CE24 does but also retains the nice tight lows. The trem on this really took me by surprise as I was trying hard to throw it out of tune and it was just rock solid. My pictures don't do the finish justice but here they are for your enjoyment!

ndCOSXf.jpg
sVExbzR.jpg
sPugF7V.jpg
ZGS65cu.jpg
h97ajNy.jpg
jNb2jXP.jpg
otdmwhL.jpg

It was listed as Mocha Burst but after reaching out to PRS customer service they informed me this was actually a custom color sprayers choice model. The finish is really interesting as it turns from almost black and gray in low light to brown and dark green in sunlight. Also this one has a swamp ash back, quilt maple 10 top and maple neck. I've been on the fence about hybrid hardware in the past but I really like the look of it on this finish.

:eek:

That finish is absolutely spectacular, no matter the nomenclature. Wow!
I was on a very similar hunt over the weekend and if I'd seen your new baby hanging on the wall I wouldn't have left without it.

Epic snag. Congrats!

edit: I forgot to mention, the hybrid hardware strongly compliments that finish and top, from where I'm sitting.

Last edited:
Dang! That is one beautiful guitar! Love the quilt and finish color! And maple neck! And...

Man, that color is freaking awesome.

Like flux, if I had seen that one on the wall at Dave's, then I would have named it by now and introduced it to my PRS guitar harem ('could I have everyone's attention... thank you thank you... meet your new brother: Spike'... or something like that).

Awesome and so is Daves. And if you think this is your last one think again my friend.
We are here to help (wink wink nod nod )

Thanks for all the compliments guys! Definitely very happy with my choice. I'll have to branch out to some 22 fret models next year ;)

Quilted goodness on that one, Beautiful score! Next one I get will have a Flamed neck....Oh YES, it will be mine!

Back