NGD - my 594 has arrived

I am also glad I got the guitar in such an ostentatious color also. Blood Orange is really weird in person. It's kind of red. It's kind of orange. But it surely is NOT subdued in ANY way. Getting this thing out on a stage will surely attract about as much attention as when I would gig the Eriza Verde MC-58!!

Why am I hearing Bob Ross' voice - "in our world, we can do any-thing we want." :D

Enjoyed reading your comments ... thanks & congratulations on the new acquisition.

A great guitar, congrats. You had me worried a moment that you were not going to like it. I recently picked up 2 and haven't had that much time on either yet. You had me second guessing myself for a moment. :)

A great guitar, congrats. You had me worried a moment that you were not going to like it. I recently picked up 2 and haven't had that much time on either yet. You had me second guessing myself for a moment. :)

Thanks!!! Yeah, truthfully I was kind of worried too, lol. No fears, man...it is a killer guitar. Two?? Nice. The only thing I am questioning is whether I should have gone SC instead of DC, but that's just one of those things.

I made a little video of a new song idea I came up with today while jamming on the 594. I am really digging this thing!!

Mmm...tasty! :)

You can always pick up the SC later (with the RW of course)

Actually, it came yesterday but I was too busy to play it. I took some pics, but still haven't plugged it in. Weird, huh? Is it confidence that I know it will be amazing? Is it fear of sonic bliss? Anyway, tonight nothing is getting in the way...I WILL plug this beast in and let it rip.

In the meantime enjoy some shots. This is a hard color to photograph, but I think I managed ok....

Congrats, Mark! Looks fantastic!

Awesome color! Very similar to mine. I loved how mine felt out of the box but when I plugged it in I felt about the same as you... Then actually started learning to dial my new Mesa Fillmore 50 and 594 together and the sounds just pour out of it now. It definitely takes some getting used too, but I can hardly put it down now. The other guys I'm jamming with drool when it comes of of the case, and even more when I plug it in! Definitely a keeper for me. Hope she grows on you and you can find the magic spot... I have lowered the action and the pickups and it feels a little sweeter after a very mild truss tweak. (PRS 10's)

Awesome color! Very similar to mine. I loved how mine felt out of the box but when I plugged it in I felt about the same as you... Then actually started learning to dial my new Mesa Fillmore 50 and 594 together and the sounds just pour out of it now. It definitely takes some getting used too, but I can hardly put it down now. The other guys I'm jamming with drool when it comes of of the case, and even more when I plug it in! Definitely a keeper for me. Hope she grows on you and you can find the magic spot... I have lowered the action and the pickups and it feels a little sweeter after a very mild truss tweak. (PRS 10's)

Yeah, I needed to do the same. It still has a little more "fight" in it than my other PRS'. That's cool though, I have the sound where I want it and that's what matters. I still need to try it out with my Cub IV 15 - a more AC-15 style amp. I am greatly enjoying though. I have a session this afternoon doing some leads on some singer/songwriter tunes. I'll bring the 594 and give it a trial by fire. I'm looking forward to it!!

I made a little video of a new song idea I came up with today while jamming on the 594. I am really digging this thing!!

Sounding Great!!

I guess that for me, the 594 was immediately a special instrument because I was used to LP's so it felt right, everything in the right place and the sound had me hooked straight away. It may have been a bit different had I been used to playing other instruments, it may of been different - especially thinner, more regular necks, hotter PU's etc. I can see why the SC245 may seem close, not that I owned one myself. My 594 was my first 'expensive' guitar purchase and I was a Les Paul fan so to convince me to pay more, the 594 had to be special. At the time, it was my most expensive single item purchase - since beaten by my HBii - so that I think says everything...

As you have a SC245, the DC 594 is something different enough on body shape alone. I don't know how much you play at the dusty end, but access is improved and there isn't a 'big' difference between the DC and SC 594's in terms of tone. I A/B'd them and Andertons have done a video on the DC vs SC too and they didn't find any big differences in tone either - no more than you would expect between two SC's or two DC's. To me, its more a matter of personal preference rather than having to decide on better access, lower weight at the cost of 'something' that the SC offers. I went with the DC in the end because its more classic PRS in shape and I wanted a PRS that looked PRS but if the SC had a significant advantage over the DC, I would of gone for that regardless - after all, I was used to SC's...

Anyway, glad you are enjoying your 594 and hope it serves you well...

In the meantime enjoy some shots. This is a hard color to photograph, but I think I managed ok....
You managed far better than ok. I have always loved that blood orange. If I were ever to order a custom that would be one of my top 2 color choices.
That is one gorgeous guitar. Enjoy a long time.

Back