NGD - My 1st PS!!

goof1073

I've been wanting / dreaming / thinking about a Private Stock ever since I got my first PRS (CU24 Stoptail) back around 2000 or so. Well I'm happy to say that it has finally happened...

...Brian (Brian's Guitars) had this killer SC245 which caught my eye immediately when it showed up and after attending his 3yr Anniversary PRS Event, seeing this guitar in person, watching Brian / Paul "play catch" with the guitar (horrifying to witness!!) and getting a GREAT Deal...I just had to pull the trigger on this beauty (PS 4556):

Private Stock SC245 Faded Aqua Violet, Quilt everywhere, Mother of Pearl with Silver outlines, purfling, Bazillion... MMM!

http://briansguitars.com/product/paul-reed-smith-private-stock-sc245-faded-aqua-violet

DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0251.jpg

I really can't say enough good things about Brian and how he was to deal with. I must have sent over 20 e-mails to him, talked to him at the PRS Experience (was on the fence about going into the Vault during the event) and haggled him on price. He's definately one of the "good guys" to deal with out there...

I had Brian & gang change out the p'ups to a set of 57/08's add push/pull tone pots and set it up with 11's (unwound 3rd)...man does this thing kill!!! It's definitely different from my other main guitars as I'm mostly a Crackwood-Whore (love rosewood necks), but I wanted something more traditional that didn't scoop out the mids, like a rosewood neck will do. I'm so not the best at giving tone reports...so let's just say that I'm one VERY happy camper!! I still need to take a "family picture" at some point now that this guitar is in the mix.

However, I feer as though this may have started a total PSi love affair and since this one was dealer stock I still have a goal of getting to the Vault to sully spec out my own Private Stock down the line... :redface:

Last edited:
Beautiful! I know it's good when it's something I'm not really looking for and I still want it.

Congratulations!

WOWWWWWWWW

That is one intensely cool color. And natty back to top it off! One of the best I've seen in a while!

Ultra sexy. Congrats. Brian is doing some killer stuff and you scored one of the sicker ones.

Back