NGD: Mira :-)

stevan5150

I snagged her off of ebay and the seller said "good used shape", well i got her in yesterday and the frets were so tarnished, as was the tail piece. Fingerboard was so filthy and the body had dried sweat on it still. So I spent a good 3 hours this morning, cleaning, polishing and cleaning some more to get her to my liking. Over all very happy with the feel of her, haven't gotten to run her through the paces of the Mark V and the Mini Recto yet, but her time will come.
I am tempted though to find some 59/08's chrome covered to throw in her. The uncovered pickups in this just leaves me wanting more ...

Beautiful! She must be much happier now that she's scrubbed up nicely. :)

Sweet. I guess the seller said it was in good shape, but that didn't mean clean!

I recently had a similar experience with a Santana SE. The fretboard was actually sticky (ewwwwww). Took some elbow grease, but there was a really nice guitar under there!

Gorgeous! I had one just like it and it sounded great through a Mark V I had at the time.

Sweet. I guess the seller said it was in good shape, but that didn't mean clean!

I recently had a similar experience with a Santana SE. The fretboard was actually sticky (ewwwwww). Took some elbow grease, but there was a really nice guitar under there!

LOL yeah i know, its seller etiquette! I know i have never sold a guitar with out cleaning it first!

LOL yeah i know, its seller etiquette! I know i have never sold a guitar with out cleaning it first!

Me either!

I want whoever gets a guitar I've owned to open the case and be amazed at how great it looks, how well it's set up, etc. Because that's how I'd want to feel if I was the buyer.

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one championing Miras! Now we can partner together and TAKE OVER THE WORLD

IMG_20130109_183638-1.jpg

This pic is what made me want one! now to find some used 57/08 or 57/10's to throw in it Chrome covered of course

Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one championing Miras! Now we can partner together and TAKE OVER THE WORLD

IMG_20130109_183638-1.jpg

Beautiful guitar! All that cleaning has definitely paid off. Hopefully it sounds and plays as good as it looks.

I've owned 2 Miras in the past. They're fantastic guitars. I didn't hate the stock pickups, but they were certainly holding the guitar back a bit. After adding 57/08s, the Miras were spectacular. I'd love to find another Korina model at some point.

Hey, it least it was played.

Frankie would tell you that the grime improves the tone. Personally. . . . . . . . I would have cleaned it too.

Back