NGD - Mira Green/Black burst

Dan-d-1985

Perpetual lurker
Hey folks, got a new addition today, lovely guitar. I owned a Mira and stupidly sold it. Once it left, I lost a distinct tone in my guitar set-up that needed to come back. I'm very much a W/T kind of guy, but was curious about the Regular neck on the new guitars, so this is my testing ground.

It was "born" Jan 23rd 2012 and was new when I bought it. The colour is definitely something i've seen very few of on the mira range. I've seen black/mint/frosty/orange/cherry/natural hog, but not a green burst. Again, something unusual and cool

From my brief twang in my office, the pattern neck doesn't feel as bulky as I suspected/feared. I'm looking forward to playing it in.

Couple things I have noticed from the '08 Mira:

The bridge studs are now half chrome, half brass, I've since been informed it's to do with improving sustain. Nifty subtle change, I look forward to seeing how it behaves.

The toggle switch has a bigger toggle. Not in a bad way, just noticed it's bigger.

The guitar looks and feels lovely. This has phase 3 tuners too. They look cool,and as long as they stay in tune, I don't care about the change. I've heard some people miss the phase 2's. I'm largely indifferent.

Also,my '09 cu24 has outline birds, this has the filled in birds, different, but they look equally as cool.

Anyway, the pics:

9297660767_40fea90d08_z.jpg

9297654293_15890b07cf_z.jpg

Cool hog grain through the green :)
9300441640_d0de56fd53_z.jpg

9297658915_9c30b07230_z.jpg

I'm loving the pattern on first play. I feel it's thicker, but it's the slimmer shoulders that means I can play comfortably. I wonder if my W/F aversion has been due to the breadth of the neck, rather than the thickness of it?

Either way, I'm looking forward to playing the hell out of it.

Great looking guitar!I think a Mira is pretty high on my Next Guitar List. Maybe an S2 version since I've spent way too much this year on PRSi stuff!

WOW! Nice finish you got there.
Big fan of the ORIGINAL Mira. :laugh:
Nice case, too. Any more info about it?

WOW! Nice finish you got there.
Big fan of the ORIGINAL Mira. :laugh:
Nice case, too. Any more info about it?

Yeah, the Line 1 (what do we designate the non s2 miras now btw?? S1?) miras seem to be going cheap before the s2s kick in. I guess the sellers believe with the s2s coming it'll be harder to sell the more expensive line 1 models.

I got it for a steal IMO so I don't care.

More info about the case? Was the one that came with the Mira, I know the Mira model has it's own case design dues to different shape etc.

Yeah, the Line 1 (what do we designate the non s2 miras now btw?? S1?) miras seem to be going cheap before the s2s kick in. I guess the sellers believe with the s2s coming it'll be harder to sell the more expensive line 1 models.

The S2s are a mixed bag for dealers holding Core line Miras and Starlas in the short run. However, I believe that the Core line instruments will become more valuable in time. It's human nature to want something that is no longer available.

More info about the case? Was the one that came with the Mira, I know the Mira model has it's own case design dues to different shape etc.

My Mira Korina came with a standard PRS case.

My old '08 Mira came in a black lined case too, maybe the new/last runs came with the lovely red lined case?

I don't know why they would differ.

For jobbies and japes maybe?

Back