NGD - McCarty

I’ve never seen a stock McCarty with anything but white pickup rings and a switch tip. WL runs can have different colors.

Glad you had a reasonable communication with your seller! One never knows...

I bought it used, but it came unmolested with cream colored rings. Perhaps the color changed over the years. I’m not anywhere near as knowledgeable as the old timers here. Not sue of the actual color name...
jWtKrvE.jpg
If it’s got a natural back then it looks like Santana Yellow. If it’s more reddish back then maybe Vintage Yellow. Looks like Santana to me in that picture. Either way, it’s got a lovely curly flame to it which I like a lot.

If it’s got a natural back then it looks like Santana Yellow. If it’s more reddish back then maybe Vintage Yellow. Looks like Santana to me in that picture. Either way, it’s got a lovely curly flame to it which I like a lot.
Reddish back like my 2016 594. This is McBrazzy 19/250.

Reddish back like my 2016 594. This is McBrazzy 19/250.
It looks a lot like the Amber with a natural-ish back, like this one. The Vintage Yellow is very red on the back, like this.
I had a 2003 McRosie that was very nice. That guitar went through a lot of pickups, at one point it had the original PRS Santana humbucker set in there. Eventually it had BKP Mules in it, back when they weren't silly expensive, and a variety of other BKPs first - they let you send them back for a different set if you weren't happy back then. I discovered I like the PAF tone more than the balls out metal tone of their Holy Diver set. :D

I’ve never seen a stock McCarty with anything but white pickup rings and a switch tip. WL runs can have different colors.

Glad you had a reasonable communication with your seller! One never knows...
My black McCarty had black rings. I don’t know if it was that way from the factory, but by the time I got it that’s the way it is. All black.

You said he bought the guitar second hand. No telling what the original owner did to the pickup rings & switch tip. The guy you’re buying the guitar from probably has no idea they were supposed to be cream.

You have a nice guitar. Dude is sending you what he has. I’d feel pretty good about the situation.

I’ve got a 2002 McCarty. Push-pull on the tone knob. The McCarty pickups are all right. But the 58/15LTs are special. If I were to change the pickups in this guitar, it will be with LTs

Yup, that's definitely a good point - he may not realize that/if it shipped with cream. TBH, having only seen it with black that looks normal to me too. I'm not disagreeing that it he should know better, I'm trying to do the homework to verify what stock "should have been", because I have no way of knowing. I do feel better now, after the communications that he and I had that I mentioned above.

Wow, another solid vote for the 58/15s. If I weren't on the fence before, I sure am now!

I bought it used, but it came unmolested with cream colored rings. Perhaps the color changed over the years. I’m not anywhere near as knowledgeable as the old timers here. Not sue of the actual color name...

Great looking guitar, congrats!

I'm voting for 58/15LTs

I've never played a guitar with 58/15s

My 2015 McCarty has 58/15™ pickups in it. Finished setting-up and intonating the guitar 2 days ago and resetting to factory specs. Lovely piece of work now. Had been on the computer for some time yesterday and didn't have much to look forward to. Guitar practice made it worthwhile.

Back