NGD-McCarty

vox801

Frank says, quietly so Les can't hear... I would like a McCarty with soapbars.

Last edited:

Korina Jack

image_zpsveoj0hob.jpeg

Just Amazing!
Speechless at the moment!
Best pickups ever!

Sick! Very cool.

LSchefman

Historical Entity
Frank says, quietly so Les can't hear... I would like a McCarty with soupbars.

I've had two McCartys with Soapbars! A 2001 or 2002, and one of the NAMM guitars from maybe 2005, with a RW neck.

"Would you buy another one, Les?"

"You mean in spite of the fact that I have absolutely no need for one? Of course!"

vox801

I've had two McCartys with Soapbars! A 2001 or 2002, and one of the NAMM guitars from maybe 2005, with a RW neck.

"Would you buy another one, Les?"

"You mean in spite of the fact that I have absolutely no need for one? Of course!"

Which did you prefer, the 2001 or the RW neck? I have a custom 24 with RW neck and love it.

LSchefman

Historical Entity
Which did you prefer, the 2001 or the RW neck? I have a custom 24 with RW neck and love it.

I liked both about equally. The tone of a mahogany neck PRS is more to my taste for certain styles, but the RW neck gave the guitar a more modern and powerful character that I also dug for some things.

In fact, I liked the RW neck better with Soapbars than I did the McRW I had with humbuckers.

If I played mostly harder rock styles, no question that I'd want the RW. For the stuff I do...I dunno. Tossup.

vox801

Yes... I prefer the feel of the rosewood neck on my custom 24 with rotary. And it, too, works better for a "harder" sound. The newer custom 24 I own has a bit more clarity and chime to it. I like both. I have a Korina McCarty with a Dragon II and Santana pickups, with a funky scalloped nut, that's just crazy loud SG Alice Cooper original band sound. No split.